Charlotte Christian School
- Charlotte Christian School, located on 55 wooded acres in southeast Charlotte, is an independent, inter-denominational, college preparatory, school for students from junior kindergarten-twelfth grade.
- The school, accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools & Council of Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI), is distinguished by its devotion to Christ, its dedication to excellence and its whole child - mind, body and spirit - approach to maximizing each child's God-given abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||993 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||131 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,030|
|Admissions Associate||Allycia Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- Charlotte Christian School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school, equipping and developing students to effectively integrate Biblical Truth and learning into their daily lives and impact the culture for Christ. Our vision for students includes the integration of Biblical principles into a rigorous academic program where physical fitness and athletics are encouraged, where character, values and essential practical skills are emphasized and modeled and where creative expression through the fine arts is nurtured.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 1660 students
1440 Carmel Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
8617 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
- MatthewsGrades: K-12 | 918 students
1145 Pineville Matthews Rd
Matthews, NC 28105
- CharlotteGrades: PK-8 | 422 students
212 Boyce Rd
Charlotte, NC 28211
- MatthewsGrades: K-12
800 Fullwood Lane
Matthews, NC 28105
Our family has been at Charlotte Christian School for 19 years with 3 children. We have been so blessed by the nurturing Christian environment and staff as well as the rigorous academics and full array of involvement opportunities such as athletics, fine arts, missions trips and clubs. CCS has a very welcoming environment through N.E.W. Connections and embraces new students with enthusiasm. My children were completely prepared for the challenges of college academically, socially, and in their faith walk. My family highly recommends this school at any point in your child's academic career.
- Posted by Parent - durde
Christian education and college prep at its finest! It amazes me how well rounded my children have become since att boding school here. My high schooler is performing great academically, spiritually and socially. My lower school children are sponges. It brings a smile to my face when we go to church on Sunday's and their Sunday School teacher walks over to me with a smile and tells me how prepared my child was in her class, how they knew the subject and could finish off any biblical story that the class was discussing. I LOVE this school for not only the academic and biblical preparation they give our children, but for much more than that. When you are a CCS family member, the CCS community will love and pray and hold you and your family so close to their hearts. Closest thing we have to blood family.
- Posted by Parent - Skoro
I am extremely proud to be a part of such an amazing school. I have watched 2 children graduate from charlotte christian and currently have one still enrolled. Charlotte Christian is more than a school it is a community. The staff, parents and students are a joy to be around. I have watched my kids (and others) grow and become responsible, caring adults. If you looking for a place where your child will grow in God, Education and Responsibility Charlotte Christian is the place for you.
- Posted by Parent - brand