The Fletcher School
- The Fletcher School is a non-profit, independent school offering a comprehensive educational program designed to build the academic, social and emotional competence of students with specific learning disabilities and/or ADHD. The program enables students in grades K-12 to experience success and embrace their unique talents. Our bright, often gifted students learn in small classes with a very structured environment using multisensory techniques of instruction.
- The Rankin Institute is the outreach component of The Fletcher School.
- The Institute offers training and resources to the community in order to increase awareness and improve services for students with specific learning disabilities.
- Workshops and classes are available for parents, professionals, and community members.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based and ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,900|
|Tuition Notes||2018-2019: Tuition for Grades K-5: $23,900 Tuition for Grades 6-12: $25,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,300|
|Admissions Director||Susan Culp|
|Admissions Associate||Elizabeth Ashe|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Karate
- The Fletcher School - Where Performance Meets Potential
- The Fletcher School is a place of extraordinary potential-a joyful learning environment lit by the smiles of our students. You need only spend a few moments in our corridors or classrooms to hear, to see, and to understand the Fletcher difference.
- We are an independent, K-12 school offering a college preparatory curriculum for students with learning differences. Our bright, talented, and often gifted students learn in small, structured classes with a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio. Utilizing the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching, instruction is sequential, cumulative, and repetitious in order for students to achieve mastery. Individual and prescriptive plans of instruction are developed for each student. Multisensory learning techniques are employed and school-issued, 1:1 Apple devices support and enhance student learning. Our comprehensive program is designed to build the academic, social, and emotional competence of our students. Fletcher Falcons are assured in their abilities and strengths, and stride forward with purpose on the path to fulfillment and life success.
- Applicants are considered for admission based on documentation of average or above-average intelligence, difficulty in one or more academic areas or learning processes, and an LD and/or ADHD diagnosis. Evidence that learning disabilities are not the result of primary emotional or behavioral problems is required.
- Contact Information
- 5800 Sardis RoadCharlotte, NC 28270
- Facebook: @FletcherFalcons
- Twitter: @FletcherFalcons
- Instagram: @fletcherfalcons
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students