The Fletcher School
Tel: (704) 365-4658
- The Fletcher School serves students with learning differences by offering a multisensory, college preparatory curriculum that prepares them to reach their full potential.
- Our bright, talented, and often gifted students learn in small, structured classes with a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
- Individual and prescriptive learning plans are developed for each student.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based and ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,600|
|Tuition Notes||2020-2021: Tuition for Grades K-5: $25,600 Tuition for Grades 6-12: $27,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,300|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Middlemas|
|Admissions Associate||Elizabeth Ashe|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Karate
The Fletcher School - Where Performance Meets Potential
- The Fletcher School is a place of extraordinary potential-a joyful learning environment lit by the smiles of our students. You need only spend a few moments in our corridors or classrooms to hear, to see, and to understand the Fletcher difference.
- We are an independent, K-12 school offering a college preparatory curriculum for students with learning differences. Our bright, talented, and often gifted students learn in small, structured classes with a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio. Utilizing the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching, instruction is sequential, cumulative, and repetitious in order for students to achieve mastery. Individual and prescriptive plans of instruction are developed for each student. Multisensory learning techniques are employed and school-issued, 1:1 Apple devices support and enhance student learning. Our comprehensive program is designed to build the academic, social, and emotional competence of our students. Fletcher Falcons are assured in their abilities and strengths, and stride forward with purpose on the path to fulfillment and life success.
- Applicants are considered for admission based on documentation of average or above-average intelligence, difficulty in one or more academic areas or learning processes, and an LD and/or ADHD diagnosis. Evidence that learning disabilities are not the result of primary emotional or behavioral problems is required.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 450 students
333 Jeremiah Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262
(704) 599-9015 10.7 NS-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.