Charlotte Preparatory School
- Charlotte Preparatory School is a college preparatory, coeducational day school.
- The school was founded in 1971 as Charlotte Montessori School, and it later moved to its current southeast Charlotte location in 1992.
- With the addition of the Middle School, the name of the school was changed to Charlotte Preparatory School in 1998 to reflect our philosophy.
- Charlotte Preparatory School fosters lifelong learning and provides an exemplary educational experience founded on academic excellence, positive character, and leadership development in a diverse, inclusive community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
|Admissions Director||Vicky Wilkison|
|Admissions Associate||Seher Khanna|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service, Math Counts, Science Olympiad, Spanish, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
Duke TIP, Photography
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Various after school studios
- Charlotte Prep sits on more than 13 acres and features three divisions: the Early School (ages 2 through 5), the Lower School (Kindergarten through 4th Grade) and the Middle School (5th through 8th Grade). With small classes and an optimum student-teacher ratio, Charlotte Prep provides an enriched curriculum presented in a supportive environment to ensure each student's individual success. The Middle school, which graduated its first 8th Grade class in 2002, graduates students who are highly recruited by area high schools and boarding schools.
- Charlotte Prep provides an encouraging, caring environment that nurtures the whole child. Our emphasis on academics creates students who are passionate learners. The school's unique personal growth programs create young leaders.
- More than 30 percent of the student body is comprised of diverse students, which is evident in each Charlotte Prep classroom. Faculty and students from all over the world are teaching and learning at Charlotte Prep. The school is motivated by a belief that in a global society, diverse classrooms are important to an elite education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 1598 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)887-7040 1.1 K-12
- Charlotte Grades: PK-10 | 122 students
7000 Endhaven Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)341-3236 6.7 PK-10
We have been at Prep for several years. The school is supportive, rigorous, and welcoming. Here, your child is known by name and challenged to be the best every day. Meet the older kids and see what Prep can do.
- Posted by Parent - PrepParent
My family has been at Charlotte Prep for over four years now and we could not be happier. It is a great community with wonderful teachers. My kids are excelling and I see areas of need addressed immediately resulting in a visible improvement.
- Posted by Parent - binkl