Charlotte Latin School
- Charlotte Latin is a school based on traditional values and unlimited opportunities.
- Our school community embraces a variety of traditions that are shared by students, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff, as well as innovations that reflect our dynamic environment.
- Students are presented with many opportunities to explore and develop their interests, including a variety of co-curricular options and a K-12 community service program that fosters a lifelong commitment to service through age-appropriate activities.
- Students also are encouraged to explore their world, and are supported in this endeavor through active Sister Schools and Study Abroad programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,300|
|Tuition Notes||Stated tuition is for 2018-19 Kindergarten only|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Yorke Oates|
|Admissions Associate||Kathryn Van Nort|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- Charlotte Latin School's mission is to encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities. Through a shared commitment to excellence and core values, the School provides a strong sense of community, which values teaching and celebrates learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 1598 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)887-7040 5.6 K-12