Charlotte Latin School
- Charlotte Latin is a school based on traditional values and unlimited opportunities.
- Our school community embraces a variety of traditions that are shared by students, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff, as well as innovations that reflect our dynamic environment.
- Students are presented with many opportunities to explore and develop their interests, including a variety of co-curricular options and a K-12 community service program that fosters a lifelong commitment to service through age-appropriate activities.
- Students also are encouraged to explore their world, and are supported in this endeavor through active Sister Schools and Study Abroad programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies by program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,850|
|Tuition Notes||Stated tuition is for 2019-2020 Kindergarten only|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Yorke Oates|
|Admissions Associate||Kathryn Van Nort|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- Charlotte Latin School's mission is to encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities. Through a shared commitment to excellence and core values, the School provides a strong sense of community, which values teaching and celebrates learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 1598 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)887-7040 5.6 NS-12
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 122 students
7000 Endhaven Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)341-3236 3.7 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.