Charlotte Latin School
- Charlotte Latin is a school based on traditional values and unlimited opportunities.
- Our school community embraces a variety of traditions that are shared by students, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff, as well as innovations that reflect our dynamic environment.
- Students are presented with many opportunities to explore and develop their interests, including a variety of co-curricular options and a K-12 community service program that fosters a lifelong commitment to service through age-appropriate activities.
- Students also are encouraged to explore their world, and are supported in this endeavor through active Sister Schools and Study Abroad programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1401 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,850|
|Tuition Notes||Stated tuition is for 2017-18 Kindergarten only|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Yorke Oates|
|Admissions Associate||Kathryn Van Nort|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- Charlotte Latin School's mission is to encourage individual development and civility in our students by inspiring them to learn, by encouraging them to serve others and by offering them many growth-promoting opportunities. Through a shared commitment to excellence and core values, the School provides a strong sense of community, which values teaching and celebrates learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 1660 students
1440 Carmel Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 1608 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
7301 Sardis Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
- CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
8617 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
- MatthewsGrades: K-12
800 Fullwood Lane
Matthews, NC 28105
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.