St Matthew Catholic School
- St. Matthew Catholic School is a fully accredited, co-ed, Catholic school in Charlotte, NC. St. Matthew educates students from Transitional Kindergarten - 5th grade.
- St. Matthew welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Director of Admissions|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Newspaper, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Let Me Run
- Whether it`s discovering wildlife on our classroom iPads or practicing our pirouettes with local professional ballet dancers, elementary school at St. Matthew is a time of exploration, creativity, and learning. We seek to provide challenging instruction so that our Wildcats receive the building blocks to be successful as they continue their education. Our goal is to ensure students are meeting their developmental milestones in faith, reading, writing, and comprehension. We want our students to be confident, articulate and well-rounded individuals. In addition to our core subjects, we balance our faith-based curriculum with Art, Music, and opportunities for students to experience various types of fine arts. We also believe it's important to emphasize cooperation, prayer and loving acceptance as important pieces to begin building a strong moral compass.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 122 students
7000 Endhaven Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)341-3236 1.5 NS-12
- Charlotte Grades: PK-5
600 Hillside Ave
Charlotte, NC 28209
(704)525-4938 8.9 PK-5
- Charlotte Grades: K-5
1125 Buchanan St
Charlotte, NC 28203
(704)333-3174 10.6 K-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.