British International School of Charlotte
- The British International School of Charlotte occupies a unique place in the landscape of private schools.
- We are part of Nord Anglia Education, a family of 56 premium and contemporary international schools across the world.
- From 18 months through high school, we encourage independent, creative thinking through a carefully planned academic curriculum which lays the foundation for lifelong learning and future success.
- Offering open enrollment, we provide each child with a tailored and well-rounded academic and personal learning experience through small class sizes, robust approaches to learning and personal success plans.Weaving together the best of the British education system; world leading international curricula and outstanding one of a kind collaborations with MIT, Juilliard and UNICEF, BISC challenges, supports and motivates students to achieve ambitious results and inspires students to exceed expectations.
- Our Early Years Education, beginning at the age of 18 months, leads into our International Primary and Middle Years curriculum and ends with the renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- Together, the curricula better prepares students for success in higher education, leading to the highly regarded and much preferred IB Diploma qualification.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,350|
- The school achieves its missions through: Constructing a unique, challenging, individualized program of learning which engages students and leads to excellence. Weaving an international strand through the life of the School. Expecting the highest standards. Nurturing an enquiry based learning environment that equips the students with the necessary cross-curricular skills to solve problems and critically analyse life's opportunities and challenges. Providing a wealth of learning opportunities which seek to recognize, celebrate and develop the talent of every student. Focusing overtly on personal values in order to develop confident, independent, responsible and empathetic members of the community. Modeling respect for all individual and environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: PK-5
11525 Elm Lane
Charlotte, NC 28277
(704)544-2070 1.5 PK-5
- Charlotte Grades: PK-9 | 62 students
5901 Statesville Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269
(704)598-5208 16.1 PK-9