Covenant Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Covenant Day School is a TK-12 Christ-centered, college preparatory school. The mission of Covenant Day School is to assist the Christian family by providing an education marked by a biblical worldview, academic excellence, and affordability so that students are equipped to be salt and light for God`s glory.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus, Chemistry II, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, European History, French, Human Geography, Human Geography, Latin, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, US Government|
|Average SAT score||1260|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8,000 (TK) to $15,500 (HS). Tuition at Covenant Day School includes use of on-campus computers/iPads, technology expenses, school retreats and required field trips, science lab and elective expenses, graduation fees, and most athletic|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lisa Barlow|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Cappella Club (men's and women's ensembles), Andy Griffith Show Club, Anime Club, Chess Club (1st-5th), ContainIt, Covenant Crazies, Environmental Club, French Club, International Thespian Society, Junior First Lego League, Latin (JCL) Club, MS Chess Club, MS Debate Club, Multi-Cultural Club (Culture Shock), National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Art Honor Society, Praise Dancers, Spanish Honor Society, Sustainability Engineering, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society (Junior), Ultimate Frisbee Club, Worship Team
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Children's Choir (3rd-5th), Beta Club, First Lego League (Robotics), Student Council
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Robotics, Squash Club
- At Covenant Day School, students thrive in a nurturing environment where both academic excellence and spiritual training are blended without compromise. Established in 1989, Covenant Day School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school in Matthews, N.C. that serves more than 860 students in grades TK-12. A faculty of godly educators, selected for both their academic record and their ability to develop and train students through individualized and creative instruction, works collaboratively across the curriculum. Together, they seek to ignite a hunger for lifelong learning in their students, helping them to recognize the gifts and skills that God has specifically provided for their lives.
- In addition to a rigorous program for college preparation, students benefit from a biblical worldview, small classes, community involvement, competitive sports, and quality fine arts. Covenant Day students have received prestigious scholarships and have attended some of the nation`s leading colleges and universities.
- Students are engaged in lessons and activities that foster restoration of broken aspects of nature and humanity. Additionally, they develop problem-solving skills to support sustainable environments and communities. Restoration and sustainability projects include Aquaponics, Monarch Butterfly Project, and ContainIt. Through ContainIt, students are re-purposing used shipping containers to serve as living spaces for those in need on Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. To see the ContainIt project in action, visit www.covenantday.org/containit.
- Covenant Day is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. If you would like a private tour of Covenant Day School visit www.covenantday.org or call 704-847-2385.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Matthews Grades: K-12 | 940 students
1145 Pineville Matthews Rd
Matthews, NC 28105
(704)849-9723 1.1 K-12
excellent school, good academic rigor with excellent clubs --
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 4!
I attended middle school at CDS in the late 90's. The school has always had, and continues to have, an excellent academic reputation. At the time there was no high school, and I remember being sad that I would not longer be able to attend when I finished my junior high years. The teachers were caring and considerate, and the administration was fair and balanced. I hope to send my kids there one day, especially now that they have a high school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - power
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.