Covenant Day School
- Top Ranked NC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
A Cappella Club (men's and women's ensembles), Chess Club (1st-5th), ContainIt, Covenant Crazies, Environmental Club, French Club, International Thespian Society, Junior First Lego League, Latin (JCL) Club, MS Chess Club, MS Debate Club, Multi-Cultural Club (Culture Shock), National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Art Honor Society, Praise Dancers, Spanish Honor Society, Sustainability Engineering, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society (Junior), Ultimate Frisbee Club, Worship Team
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Children's Choir (3rd-5th), Beta Club, First Lego League (Robotics), Student Council
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Robotics, Squash Club
- At Covenant Day School, students thrive in a nurturing environment where both academic excellence and spiritual training are blended without compromise. Established in 1989, Covenant Day School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school in Matthews, N.C. that serves more than 860 students in grades TK-12. A faculty of godly educators, selected for both their academic record and their ability to develop and train students through individualized and creative instruction, works collaboratively across the curriculum. Together, they seek to ignite a hunger for lifelong learning in their students, helping them to recognize the gifts and skills that God has specifically provided for their lives.
- In addition to a rigorous program for college preparation, students benefit from a biblical worldview, small classes, community involvement, competitive sports, and quality fine arts. Covenant Day students have received prestigious scholarships and have attended some of the nation`s leading colleges and universities.
- Students are engaged in lessons and activities that foster restoration of broken aspects of nature and humanity. Additionally, they develop problem-solving skills to support sustainable environments and communities. Restoration and sustainability projects include Aquaponics, Monarch Butterfly Project, and ContainIt. Through ContainIt, students are re-purposing used shipping containers to serve as living spaces for those in need on Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. To see the ContainIt project in action, visit www.covenantday.org/containit.
- Covenant Day is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. If you would like a private tour of Covenant Day School visit www.covenantday.org or call 704-847-2385.
Endorse Covenant Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards