Trinity Preparatory School
Tel: (407) 671-4140
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #2 - An average class size of fewer than 17 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of 11 to 1 makes for a great collaborative, community atmosphere that is ideal for growth. The faculty includes 78 men and women, and 69% hold advanced degrees in their field.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #3 - Athletics are an integral part of the lives of the students at Trinity Prep. Interscholastic athletics provide students with the opportunity to experience self-discipline, teamwork, commitment, sacrifice, and dedication as a means of achieving goals. Through athletics, students develop greater confidence, increased self-esteem, and learn to accept personal responsibility.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #4 - Approximately 80% of our students participated on one of our 59 athletic teams. Sixteen sports are offered with boys lacrosse being the most recent addition.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #5 - Trinity Prep has a thriving and diverse visual and performing arts program. Many of the fine arts faculty continue to be working artists while training the next generation of students to become artists and to become discriminating and appreciative audiences for all the arts.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #6 - A scene from the Middle School musical Snow White, performed by the Trinity Prep Symphony Orchestra and Theatre Department.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #7 - Whether you have a passion to perform or prefer to sit in the audience, you'll find a place at Trinity Prep. Get involved in a theatrical production. Work on sets and costumes or run our state-of-the-art light and sound boards. Play the violin, cello, trombone, or timpani. Lend your voice to a vocal ensemble. Show your work in a photography
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #8 - Trinity Prep will help you build the foundation of your success by providing high expectations, personal advice and attention, and access to state-of-the-art technology. Our curriculum and classroom instruction is always evolving and incorporates the latest proven research to prepare our students to enter college and the workforce of the future.
Trinity Preparatory School Photo #9 - When it comes to applying for college, you won't be left on your own! Trinity Prep's college counseling program offers three full-time knowledgeable and skilled counselors, low student-counselor ratios, the latest technology, and strong partnerships between students, parents, faculty, and college admission representatives.
- Trinity Preparatory School is an independent college preparatory day school for grades six through tweleve.
- Affiliated with the Episcopal Church, Trinity Prep was founded in 1968 and has a current enrollment of 850.
- Trinity Prep`s mission is to develop students who are able to excel in college and beyond, contribute to their communities, lead in a changing society and grow spiritually. Visit trinityprep.org for more information.
- For more news about Trinity Preparatory School, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter or Instagram @TrinityPrepFL, or email us at TPSAdmission@trinityprep.org.
- Trinity Prep Alums Highlighted in Orlando Business Journal - 10/30/2020 - From Olympic athletes and politicians to judges and executives, Orlando private schools have generated a number of high-profile individuals.With that in mind, Orlando Business Journal took a look at the ...morelargest private high schools in the area to see who is among their most notable graduates. hide
- Niche: These are Orlando's 25 best private high schools - 10/27/2020 - Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park was ranked as the best private high school in greater Orlando and at No. 11 in Florida, according to Niche.com's 2021 private school rankings.
- Trinity Preparatory School's "HyFlex" Educational Model - 10/01/2020 - Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park adjusted quickly and systematically in the midst of the global pandemic, always keeping its four core values at the forefront: the Trinity family, educational ...moreexcellence, leadership and character development, and faith and spirituality. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||3D and Photography, AP Biology, AP C++, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Government and Politics, AP JAVA, AP Language and Composition, AP Latin Vergil, AP Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Langauge, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D, AP US History, AP World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / Feb. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,910|
|Tuition Notes||$2.1 million offered in need-based financial aid|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,000|
|Admissions Director||Denise Turner|
|Admissions Associate||Victoria Johnston|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Cum Laude Society, Forensics, French Honor Society, Habitat for Humanity, Honor Council, Key Club, Latin Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, PeaceJam Club, SADD, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government, Trinity Literary Society, Young Democrats, Young Republicans|
Club or Organization:
Adventurers Club, Anime Club, Film Festival, Green Team, Harry Potter Alliance, Pet Alliance Club, Red Cross Club, Save the Manatee Club, Science Bowl
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama club, Jazz Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Curiosity is at the core of everything we do at Trinity Prep. Our students and faculty love to ask questions, find answers and, in turn, ask more questions. We encourage students to explore what excites them and examine their intellectual, artistic, physical and spiritual lives. We encourage students to learn about themselves and the world. They do this through activities and projects that speak to their interests, such as studying photography on a class trip to India, establishing a non-profit, creating a tracking system for space debris, going out for the lacrosse team or tending to the school vegetable garden. We are doers, thinkers and creators.
- 69% of our faculty have advanced degrees
- We provide nearly $2 million in financial assistance annually
- 11:1 student:teacher ratio
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?