Good Beginnings School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (703) 758-8811
Accredited with the National Private School Accreditation Alliance since 2001, we offer a structured, traditionally academic learning program facilitated by seasoned, college-degree teachers in a warm, caring, and energetic environment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carmen McMahon|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Dance, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBallet, Dance,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
- Zaner-Bloser, SRA math and reading series, Plaid Phonics, Scholastic's readers, science, and geography programs provide the core curriculum for our Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes.
- For our preschool classes, we utilize a teacher-designed curriculum and program based on age and skill comprised of the Prentice-Hall Center for Applied Research Preschool Curriculum, Warren Publishing House Theme-A-Saurus, Newbridge Educational Publishing beginning math series, The Education Center, Teacher Created Materials, Inc. for letter sounds, vowel and consonant introduction and Bob Books for reading.
- In addition to our academic programs, we offer art, music, dance, and physical fitness. Students four years and older also participate in field trips that are uniquely appropriate and qualitatively diverse.
- For parents' convenience, we also offer many extracurricular activities such as: private piano lessons, soccer, yoga, ballet, hip hop, and karate.
- We welcome all students and families who desire a sound learning environment and who share our core values in education.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Good Beginnings School is Berthold Academy for the Gifted and Talented (0.5 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Russian Kids House (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reston Grades: 1-12 | 32 students
11480 Sunset Hills Road Suite 10-E
Reston, VA 20190
(571) 313-1709 0.5 1-12
- Reston Grades: 1-9
11480 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, VA 20190
(703) 437-1444 0.5 1-9
- Reston Grades: PK-K | 98 students
11825 Olde Crafts Dr
Reston, VA 20191
(703) 476-8150 0.7 PK-K
As I graduate from high school I look back at the wonderful memories and the great start I had in my first school, Good Beginnings School. Whether we were reading, coloring, conducting "science experiments", or doing other unique and creative activities, my preschool and kindergarten years were full of fun!I cannot thank the entire Good Beginnings Staff enough for giving my learning and education such a positive start. Without such a wonderful foundation and the loving group of staff who constantly motivated me, I could not have gotten to where I am today. Good Beginnings School created such a fun environment, where I learnt so much, that I truly enjoyed going to school and learning.As I head off to UVA this fall to study Biomedical Engineering, I credit them for instilling in me the passion to learn new things and to be curious.Shirali NigamThomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Class of 2016
- Posted by Student/Alumni - shira
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.