Grace Christian Academy
GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning.
GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 195 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,420
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Grace Christian Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(dress up on chapel day)
(dress up on chapel day)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
This is the Elementary rate. Registration, technology fees, testing fees, fundraising fees, and book fees are included in this cost. High school is $4840.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Grace Christian Academy is located at 2499 Waldron Road in Kankakee, Illinois, providing quality education for students in grades K3-12. GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning. GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.Grace Christian Academy is open to anyone interested in securing a Christian education from K3 through twelfth grade, who the school finds qualified for admission and who agrees (and whose parents agree) that he or she shall abide by Grace Christian Academy rules. It must always be understood that attendance at Grace Christian Academy is a privilege and not a right. This privilege must be forfeited by any student who does not conform to the school`s standards of conduct and/or who is unwilling to adjust to our environment.All students must want to attend Grace Christian Academy and agree to honestly and wholeheartedly apply themselves to "study to show [themselves] approved unto God" (2 Timothy 2:15, KJV). They also agree to be courteous and respectful to their peers, staff, faculty, and other daily associates.Grace Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.Grace Christian Academy reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, lifestyle choices, and personal qualifications including a willingness to cooperate with Grace Christian Academy administration and to abide by its policies. Grace Christian Academy has no obligation to provide service and reserves the right to refuse service.
It was a huge decision as to where our two daughters would be educated. We had presentations from the government schools where we found out that diversity and liberalism were the hallmarks. In interviewing Grace we found that diversity was assumed as God's plan (all in His image) and that abominations of the Bible were forbidden. It is a breath of fresh air as your children take their first steps on that straight and narrow road.
Open to different ways of learning. Well rounded school with plenty of extra curricular activities for children. A great school to be a part of.
Endorse Grace Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?