Grace Christian Academy
GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning.
GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 241 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,700
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Grace Christian Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
This is the Elementary rate. Registration, technology fees, testing fees, fundraising fees, and book fees are included in this cost. High school is $4840.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Grace Christian Academy is located at 2499 Waldron Road in Kankakee, Illinois, providing quality education for students in grades K3-12. GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning. GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.Grace Christian Academy is open to anyone interested in securing a Christian education from K3 through twelfth grade, who the school finds qualified for admission and who agrees (and whose parents agree) that he or she shall abide by Grace Christian Academy rules. It must always be understood that attendance at Grace Christian Academy is a privilege and not a right. This privilege must be forfeited by any student who does not conform to the school`s standards of conduct and/or who is unwilling to adjust to our environment.All students must want to attend Grace Christian Academy and agree to honestly and wholeheartedly apply themselves to "study to show [themselves] approved unto God" (2 Timothy 2:15, KJV). They also agree to be courteous and respectful to their peers, staff, faculty, and other daily associates.Grace Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.Grace Christian Academy reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, lifestyle choices, and personal qualifications including a willingness to cooperate with Grace Christian Academy administration and to abide by its policies. Grace Christian Academy has no obligation to provide service and reserves the right to refuse service.
Source: Verified school update
I have been a part of the Grace family for over 25 years. If you're looking for a low teacher-to-student ratio, if you're looking for college prep courses, if you're looking for athletic opportunities, if you're looking for a school that cares about your student - look to 2499 Waldron Rd., Kankakee.
So thankful for the education our children are getting from Grace! Our children have excelled in the last year and the whole Grace staff is amazing. I love when my kids walk into the school they get greeted by their names.
Developing one's worldview during their primary age is key to making sense of this universe in which we find ourselves. It is so wonderful to find a school that teaches truth from a Biblical perspective in every subject matter. The leadership team is top-notch and the entire staff is so caring and involved in each student's life.
Wonderful teachers for wonderful students!! So Blessed & Thankful we sent our daughter to GCA for her high school years! Highly recommend this Christian-based school! She has excelled both spiritually & personally! Pray for those who make a great decision as we did. Thank you, GCA!
It was a huge decision as to where our two daughters would be educated. We had presentations from the government schools where we found out that diversity and liberalism were the hallmarks. In interviewing Grace we found that diversity was assumed as God's plan (all in His image) and that abominations of the Bible were forbidden. It is a breath of fresh air as your children take their first steps on that straight and narrow road.
Open to different ways of learning. Well rounded school with plenty of extra curricular activities for children. A great school to be a part of.
Endorse Grace Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.