Grace Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (815) 939-4579
- GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning.
- GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.
Grace Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress up on chapel day)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,420|
|Tuition Notes||This is the Elementary rate. Registration, technology fees, testing fees, fundraising fees, and book fees are included in this cost. High school is $4840.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$400|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Aaron Most|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Betz|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Grace Christian Academy is located at 2499 Waldron Road in Kankakee, Illinois, providing quality education for students in grades K3-12. GCA assists families in providing a sound education for their children through the integration of faith and learning. GCA is committed to teaching a Biblical worldview in the development of basic spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social skills.Grace Christian Academy is open to anyone interested in securing a Christian education from K3 through twelfth grade, who the school finds qualified for admission and who agrees (and whose parents agree) that he or she shall abide by Grace Christian Academy rules. It must always be understood that attendance at Grace Christian Academy is a privilege and not a right. This privilege must be forfeited by any student who does not conform to the school`s standards of conduct and/or who is unwilling to adjust to our environment.All students must want to attend Grace Christian Academy and agree to honestly and wholeheartedly apply themselves to "study to show [themselves] approved unto God" (2 Timothy 2:15, KJV). They also agree to be courteous and respectful to their peers, staff, faculty, and other daily associates.Grace Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.Grace Christian Academy reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance, religious commitment, lifestyle choices, and personal qualifications including a willingness to cooperate with Grace Christian Academy administration and to abide by its policies. Grace Christian Academy has no obligation to provide service and reserves the right to refuse service.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kankakee Grades: 9-12 | 315 students
550 W Brookmont Blvd
Kankakee, IL 60901
(815) 932-7413 3.6 9-12
- Channahon Grades: PK-12 | 99 students
24466 Eames St (Rt 6)
Channahon, IL 60410
(815) 521-1381 31.2 PK-12
It was a huge decision as to where our two daughters would be educated. We had presentations from the government schools where we found out that diversity and liberalism were the hallmarks. In interviewing Grace we found that diversity was assumed as God's plan (all in His image) and that abominations of the Bible were forbidden. It is a breath of fresh air as your children take their first steps on that straight and narrow road.
- Posted by Parent - Walter Sanford
Open to different ways of learning. Well rounded school with plenty of extra curricular activities for children. A great school to be a part of.
- Posted by Parent - tinke
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.