Grand River Academy
- By changing your son's environment, Grand River Academy helps him to activate his potential.
- As an all-boys college preparatory boarding and day school for grades 9 - 12 and a post-graduate year, GRA prepares high school boys who can benefit from a highly structured, personalized, academic and social boarding environment for acceptance into college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress Pants, Dress Shirt, Tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,000|
|Tuition Notes||Day Student Tuition is $10,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Tony Tucker|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Nicole Conrad|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Tennis, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Community Service, Philanthropy Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Grand River Academy was founded in 1831 and is located on over 150 acres in Austinburg, Ohio, less than one hour east of Cleveland. GRA is a close-knit and supportive community featuring a 360 degree approach to developing the total young man: academically, emotionally, and socially.
- We not only prepare our students for college - proven by our 100% college placement rate - but we also prepare them to be well-rounded people and contributing citizens for the rest of their lives.
- At GRA, we encourage students to be themselves and provide the structure and opportunities for them to become happier, more self-aware, and productive.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jefferson Grades: K-8 | 50 students
571 Goodale Road
Jefferson, OH 44047
(440)576-5949 6 K-8
- Ashtabula Grades: PK-8 | 24 students
4322 Park Avenue
Ashtabula, OH 44004
(440)998-3887 7.4 PK-8
- Ashtabula Grades: PK-12 | 392 students
2150 Columbus Ave
Ashtabula, OH 44004
(440)997-5821 8.8 PK-12
- Dorset Grades: 2-8 | 23 students
3851 S. Denmark Rd.
Dorset, OH 44032 11.5 2-8
- Perry Grades: 1-12 | 18 students
4080 Call Rd
Perry, OH 44081
(440)259-3850 13.8 1-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.