Greater Things Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- What makes Greater Things Christian School unique: ***FOUR DAY ACADEMIC WEEK for Elementary and Middle School WITH OPTIONAL Focus Fridays
- LITTLE WARRIORS Preschool Program for 18-month--5-year-old children. FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND or 4-Day/Week attendance options.
Greater Things Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||support for mild speech and language disorders|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$160|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Little Warriors Summer program: $160/week|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(GTCS t-shirts or polos with khaki, black, gray, or navy pants, shorts, or skirts/skorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||Little Warriors Full-Time: $160/week Little Warriors/Elementary/Middle School: $5400/year Discounts for early enrollment, siblings, and service workers (military, police, nurses, ministers, teachers)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Gretchen Harris|
|Admissions Associate||Chris Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag FootballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Bowl, Bible Study
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Music Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- GTCS LITTLE WARRIORS is for children ages 18 months--5 years
- Greater Things Christian School has Kindergarten--6th Grades with plans to add 7th and 8th.
- The mission and philosophy of education at Greater Things Christian School is to engage and educate the whole student: heart, mind, and will. We accomplish this mission by delivering academics in a differentiated and individualized approach to instruction through a biblical perspective. Small classes, and highly qualified, caring, and experienced teachers allow us to provide many hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for our students.
Profile last updated:
My children love it at GTCA!! The teachers and staff are amazing and take time with each child to get them where they need to be academicly. I would highly recommend GTCA if you are looking for a high quality education for your child.
- Posted by Parent - Gwyn.
This is our family's second year at GTCA and we LOVE it! It is so nice to know that our daughter is in a Godly environment with great teachers! The Christian world view shines through everything they do! They have gone over and above for our family! We are so thankful for them!
- Posted by Parent - Britt
This is my 4th graders third year at GTCA. He has been challenged academically every year. He enjoys the small classroom environment and the hands on instructions are amazing. It is such a blessing to have Christ in all he does on a daily basis. The teachers are all concerned, loving and certified. The Christmas program was wonderful this year. We also enjoy the Upward sports that are offered. My son has also enjoyed the after school science club this year.
- Posted by Parent - Langs
My son is in 10th grade at GTCA. Academics are excellent and the teachers are awesome. Greater Things Christian Academy is an awesome school.
- Posted by Parent - steve
Teachers are well qualified. Academic program is challenging and incorporates the Christian faith in all classes. The facilities and classrooms are clean and high quality. Cost is affordable and a good value for what you get. I would recommend this school to others.
- Posted by Parent - cdona
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.