Hawaii Montessori Schools - Kona Campus
- Hawaii Montessori School is an independent, non-denominational school located on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii.
- We provide caring, safe, child-centered environments, challenging and developmentally appropriate programs, and a supportive school community for children aged fifteen months to six years old.
- We offer a variety of full and part time programs, and we provide generous financial aid to qualified applicants to insure our goal of an economically diverse student population.
- Hawaii Montessori School at Kona offers carefully planned, stimulating environments for learning.
- The curriculum covers a broad range of topics, including social skills, social and natural sciences, language, math and the arts.
- We use Montessori materials that are designed to provide specific learning experiences, and that meet the unique needs of children at each stage of their development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$6,250 - $11,400 Annual Tuition is dependent of type of program selected.|
|Admissions Director||Allyn Thompson|
Nearby Homes for Sale
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.