5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (808) 885-7933
Parker School Photo #2 - All student learning is enriched with experiential learning activities held outside of the classroom with a goal to make meaningful connections with our community and develop character.
Parker School Photo #3 - Students are known, valued, and nurtured by our entire school 'ohana (family) from teachers and students to parents and staff.
Parker School Photo #4 - In our small school setting, students benefit from individualized attention and close relationships with their excellent, accessible teachers.
Parker School Photo #5 - In Lower School, students in grade K-5 enjoy a comprehensive core curriculum and special programs specifically designed to nurture students and guide them to take an active role in their learning.
- At Parker School, every student is known, valued and nurtured.
- Our small-school setting and dynamic program foster confident, compassionate individuals who are thoroughly prepared for college, who enthusiastically engage in life and who positively contribute to an ever-changing global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art 2D, AP Art 3D, AP Art Drawing, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1150|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 5 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,890|
|Tuition Notes||K-5 grade tuition for 2020-21: $15995 6-12 grade tuition for 2017-18: $17890 Tuition increase averages between 3-6% per year.400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,560|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Makela Bruno-Kidani|
|Admissions Associate||Maile Wong|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Class Leadership, International Thespian Society, Investment Club, Journalism Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Pacific & Asian Affairs Council, Parker Bulls Soccer Club, Robotics Team, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intermural sports, Track and Field
- Excellence, integrity and compassion are the cornerstones of Parker`s mission. We create an environment that cultivates the qualities necessary to succeed in an interconnected world: creativity, curiosity, resilience, constructive risk-taking and teamwork. Parker School graduates are lifelong learners who have the skills to work independently, yet are valuable team members who are compassionate and embrace diversity.
- Excellence maika`i loa: We mentor students to believe in and expect the most of themselves and to utilize their unique gifts to the fullest. Similarly, we look to our faculty, staff and board members to inspire and lead by positive example.We impart high yet realistic expectations and instill a love of learning while providing a rigorous academic program.We offer students the opportunity to explore, evolve and excel in all facets of school life, understanding that a balanced education engages the whole individual.
- Integrity pono: We value diversity and the unique perspectives of individuals and cultures.We encourage the fundamental qualities of responsibility, accountability, honesty and trustworthiness.We honor and respect others, this place, and our heritage.
- Compassion aloha: We embrace the spirit of `ohana. In an environment filled with kindness, inclusion and empathy, everyone is family.We recognize the power of giving at the personal, local and global levels.We balance celebrating achievement and success with gratitude and humility.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kamuela Grades: K-12 | 642 students
65-1692 Kohala Mountain Rd
Kamuela, HI 96743
(808) 881-4321 2 K-12
- Kamuela Grades: K-6 | 48 students
65-1237 Kawaihae Rd
Kamuela, HI 96743
(808) 885-0067 0.1 K-6
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 831 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 261-0707 164.9 PK-12
- Hilo Grades: PK-12 | 343 students
1000 Ululani St
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 935-4936 43.7 PK-12
Parker School has a family feel like no other-small but mighty! The academics are amazing along with a great list of elective courses( art,theatre, etc.)! My kids absolutely THRIVE here! The staff from the Custodian to the Headmaster have one goal and one goal only- my children and preparing them for life. The athletic program could use a little boost and it would help to have an athletic facility, but my kids still get so much from this tiny little red Parker School!
- Posted by Parent - khere
Excellent, loving teachers in a bucolic campus surrounded by green rolling hills... I love that the lower school is in a healthy and clean recent building, very open with some covered outdoor spaces. Project-oriented curriculum leads to lots of learning, enhanced with many specialty classes such as Spanish, Art, PE and Music. Parents care and are involved. Atmosphere is serene. My kid has loved all her teachers so far, and thinks she is lucky to attend possibly the best school in the world...
- Posted by Parent - carol
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.