- Le Jardin is a nurturing and vigorous learning community. Our college preparatory program strives to create curious, active learners who excel scholastically and have the opportunity to develop their personal skills and talents.
- Students are supported in learning to lead balanced, healthy lives, to appreciate the arts, and to value the diverse perspectives of other people and cultures.
- Our goal is to develop knowledgeable, responsible and caring young people of character who help to create a more peaceful and sustainable world through understanding, stewardship and respect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||931 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 62%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Courses offered in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Systems, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, Standard Level Math, Math Studies, English, History, Psychology, French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,929|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Souza|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Surf Team, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery, Art K-2, Chelsea Soccer Academy, Climbing Club, Coding Club, Environmental Club, Girls on the Run, Goldf, Hula, Knitting Club, Origami Club, Reading club, Robotics, So Much Talent, Spanish Lango, Swimming, Tennis Pups, Wild Kids, Yoga, Zumba Fitness Archery, Art K-2, Climbing Club, Coding Club, Goldf, Hula, Knitting Club, Origami Club, Reading club, Robotics, So Much Talent, Spanish Lango, Swimming, Tennis Pups, Wild Kids, Yoga, Zumba Fitness, Chelsea Soccer Academy,
Girls on the Run,
The School, in partnership with the family, strives to accomplish its mission by:
- Believing that high expectations and high standards are important in academics and in personal ethics, integrity, and behavior.
- Providing unified, coherent, and engaging academic and extracurricular programs that encourage co-operative learning, support multiple learning styles, and foster a global perspective.
- Creating a nurturing, challenging and supportive community that embraces and celebrates diversity.
- Valuing and emphasizing the development of positive character, the making of healthy choices, and the giving of service to others.
- Expecting that the daily interaction of students and adults will be marked by kindness, civility, generosity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a safe, friendly, and healthy environment in which students have the opportunity to be mindful of themselves and their learning.
Le Jardin Academy strives to develop students who are:
- Independent learners, who are knowledgeable and balanced in academics, arts, foreign language, and physical education.
- Critical and creative thinkers, who are able to conduct inquiry and research, make decisions, develop strategies, and solve problems.
- Effective and open-minded communicators, who take risks and are able to express ideas through verbal, written, technological, and artistic expression.
- Productive and reflective community members, who are caring and respectful of the feelings and ideas of others.
- Responsible and principled global citizens, who understand and appreciate cultural and ideological diversity and the need to protect and preserve our fragile environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
Kailua KonaGrades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
Pearl CityGrades: PK-6 | 290 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
KaneoheGrades: PK-8 | 260 students
Po Box 1633
Kaneohe, HI 96744
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 1887 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826