Le Jardin Academy
- Le Jardin is a nurturing and vigorous learning community.
- Our college preparatory program strives to create curious, active learners who excel scholastically and have the opportunity to develop their personal skills and talents.
- Students are supported in learning to lead balanced, healthy lives, to appreciate the arts, and to value the diverse perspectives of other people and cultures.
- Our goal is to develop knowledgeable, responsible and caring young people of character who help to create a more peaceful and sustainable world through understanding, stewardship and respect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||931 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Chemistry, English, Environmental Systems, French, History, IB Courses offered in Biology, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Math Studies, Music, Psychology, Spanish, Standard Level Math, Theatre, Visual Arts|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,929|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Souza|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Surf Team, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery, Art K-2, Climbing Club, Coding Club, Environmental Club, Hula, Origami Club, Reading club, Robotics, Spanish Lango, Wild Kids, Zumba Fitness
Arts and Music Programs:
Knitting Club, So Much Talent
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Chelsea Soccer Academy, Girls on the Run, Goldf, Swimming, Tennis Pups, Yoga
The School, in partnership with the family, strives to accomplish its mission by:
- Believing that high expectations and high standards are important in academics and in personal ethics, integrity, and behavior.
- Providing unified, coherent, and engaging academic and extracurricular programs that encourage co-operative learning, support multiple learning styles, and foster a global perspective.
- Creating a nurturing, challenging and supportive community that embraces and celebrates diversity.
- Valuing and emphasizing the development of positive character, the making of healthy choices, and the giving of service to others.
- Expecting that the daily interaction of students and adults will be marked by kindness, civility, generosity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a safe, friendly, and healthy environment in which students have the opportunity to be mindful of themselves and their learning.
Le Jardin Academy strives to develop students who are:
- Independent learners, who are knowledgeable and balanced in academics, arts, foreign language, and physical education.
- Critical and creative thinkers, who are able to conduct inquiry and research, make decisions, develop strategies, and solve problems.
- Effective and open-minded communicators, who take risks and are able to express ideas through verbal, written, technological, and artistic expression.
- Productive and reflective community members, who are caring and respectful of the feelings and ideas of others.
- Responsible and principled global citizens, who understand and appreciate cultural and ideological diversity and the need to protect and preserve our fragile environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 6.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 7.3 K-12
- Kailua Kona Grades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
(808)326-9866 164.6 K-12
- Pearl City Grades: NS-6 | 318 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808)455-4131 12.7 NS-6
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.