Le Jardin Academy
- Le Jardin is a nurturing and vigorous learning community.
- Our college preparatory program strives to create curious, active learners who excel scholastically and have the opportunity to develop their personal skills and talents.
- Students are supported in learning to lead balanced, healthy lives, to appreciate the arts, and to value the diverse perspectives of other people and cultures.
- Our goal is to develop knowledgeable, responsible and caring young people of character who help to create a more peaceful and sustainable world through understanding, stewardship and respect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||931 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Courses offered in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Systems, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, Standard Level Math, Math Studies, English, History, Psychology, French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,929|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Souza|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Surf Team, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery, Art K-2, Climbing Club, Coding Club, Environmental Club, Hula, Origami Club, Reading club, Robotics, Spanish Lango, Wild Kids, Zumba Fitness
Arts and Music Programs:
Knitting Club, So Much Talent
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Chelsea Soccer Academy, Girls on the Run, Goldf, Swimming, Tennis Pups, Yoga
The School, in partnership with the family, strives to accomplish its mission by:
- Believing that high expectations and high standards are important in academics and in personal ethics, integrity, and behavior.
- Providing unified, coherent, and engaging academic and extracurricular programs that encourage co-operative learning, support multiple learning styles, and foster a global perspective.
- Creating a nurturing, challenging and supportive community that embraces and celebrates diversity.
- Valuing and emphasizing the development of positive character, the making of healthy choices, and the giving of service to others.
- Expecting that the daily interaction of students and adults will be marked by kindness, civility, generosity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a safe, friendly, and healthy environment in which students have the opportunity to be mindful of themselves and their learning.
Le Jardin Academy strives to develop students who are:
- Independent learners, who are knowledgeable and balanced in academics, arts, foreign language, and physical education.
- Critical and creative thinkers, who are able to conduct inquiry and research, make decisions, develop strategies, and solve problems.
- Effective and open-minded communicators, who take risks and are able to express ideas through verbal, written, technological, and artistic expression.
- Productive and reflective community members, who are caring and respectful of the feelings and ideas of others.
- Responsible and principled global citizens, who understand and appreciate cultural and ideological diversity and the need to protect and preserve our fragile environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 6.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1938 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 7.3 K-12
- Kailua Kona Grades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
(808)326-9866 164.6 K-12
- Pearl City Grades: PK-6 | 318 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808)455-4131 12.7 PK-6