Trinity Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Located in two locations in Kailua, HI, Trinity Christian School is the only classically educated, Christ-centered Preschool-12th Grade school in Hawaii.
- With small class sizes and an academically rigorous curriculum, we prepare our students to be leaders in our Hawaii community and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||339 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Statistics, Music Theory (Honors), Physics (Honors), Speech and Debate (Honors),|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||As tuition rates vary depending on grade level, please see our tuition and financial aid information at: http://www.tcskailua.net/admissions/tuition-and-financial-aid/|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Debate and Speech, Drama, Fine Arts program, Photography Class, Yearbook
- At Trinity Christian School, education is about more than being successful: our students are learning a deeper vocation that goes beyond getting a job. At its base, Trinity is a fully accredited, classical Christian school in Kailua, Hawai`i, serving Preschool12th Grade, while preparing students for college and for living a Christ-centered life. Preschool-3rd Grade is taught at 875 Auloa Road, Trinity`s Mauka campus, while 4th-12th Grade is served at 1110 Kailua Road, Trinity`s Makai campus. Utilizing the classical method, rooted in the liberal arts tradition that has been present in Hawai`i since the 18th century, Trinity teachers and staff prepare students to be lifelong learners, thinkers, and doers. To learn more about our preschool, elementary, and secondary schools, please visit: http://www.tcskailua.net/admissions/why-trinity/
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kailua Grades: PK-8 | 325 students
148 Makawao St
Kailua, HI 96734
(808)261-3331 2.4 PK-8
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1938 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 7.3 K-12
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 931 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808)261-0707 0.4 PK-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-12 | 1556 students
2445 Ka'ala Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)973-5005 6 PK-12
Trinity Christian School is one of the top schools in Hawaii. Academic standards are very high. Teachers are top quality. We love the classical methods of education-- time-tested methods that really capitalize on the way God created students to learn. And the gospel is taught and preached faithfully. I am grateful to be a part of the TCS family
- Posted by Parent - Todd Morikawa
Relationally focused, academically strong school. Teachers are genuinely here for the students. A friendly and decidedly Christian (not in name only) classical school for your children.
- Posted by Administrator - Mrs. W
We have theee children at this school and love the way the school partners with us to educate our children. The Christian worldview is woven through every class. I truly feel they love our kids as much as we do.
- Posted by Parent - HM
Trinity is an amazing school with great teachers, kind students, and Christian focus on teaching kids. We love how our children are growing and thriving. And they learn so much!
- Posted by Parent - Marian Diop
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.