The Kamehameha Schools
- Kamehameha Schools is a dynamic and nurturing learning community committed to educational excellence.
- We assist people of Hawaiian ancestry to achieve their highest potential as "good and industrious men and women." Kamehameha Schools is a dynamic and nurturing learning community where faculty and staff are committed to educational excellence.
- Kamehameha Schools is committed to meeting the diverse educational needs of the Hawaiian community.
- To accomplish this, KS has initiated many new methods of delivery beyond campus-based programs.
- Some examples include collaborative efforts with charter schools and other community organizations, area learning centers which become a hub for community work, and scholarships for learners to engage in supplementary enrichment activities or needed services.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Alternative School Network|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||2441 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||233 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: 9-12 | 85 students
913 Alewa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)595-6359 0.4 9-12
- Honolulu Grades: 5-12 | 619 students
3142 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)739-7777 4.6 5-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.