Waolani Judd Nazarene School
- In 1967, Waolani Judd Nazarene School (WJNS) opened its doors for the first time.
- This small, non-profit Christian school nestled in Nu`uanu valley began as a ministry of Honolulu First Church of the Nazarene.
- In its first year, WJNS began as a preschool nurturing just four students.
- From these humble beginnings, today WJNS educates and cares for preschoolers from the age of three through eighth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of the Nazarene|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,300|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants and school uniform polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate is for our elementary program for the 2018-2019 school year. Please call the school office for preschool and middle school rates.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jen Ayala|
|Admissions Associate||Armaine Tomacder|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Little Medical School, Little Veterinary School
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The mission statement of Waolani Judd Nazarene School (WJNS) is "where faith and learning reflect the character of Christ." The statement is not only the driving force of the school program, but also the glue that ties all aspects of the school together. Our philosophy is rooted in the Word of God with the belief that a child's academic, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs are best met though Christian training and sound educational principles. WJNS supports the belief that education is a cooperative venture among students, parents, and teachers; the more closely we work together, the more effective our efforts will be.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-1 | 110 students
638 N Kuakini St
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)533-3088 0.4 K-1
- Honolulu Grades: PK-3 | 58 students
872 Mission Ln
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)585-0622 1.5 PK-3
- Honolulu Grades: 6-12 | 181 students
2933 Poni Moi Rd
Honolulu, HI 96815
(808)922-2744 5 6-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.