St Anthony School Kailua
- St Anthony School Kailua serves 311 students in grades Prekindergarten-8 and is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA), the Other religious school association(s) and the State or regional independent school association.
- The student:teacher of St Anthony School Kailua is 17:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Roman Catholic.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Anthony School is the oldest Private School in Windward O'ahu. Since l952, the school has served generations of children from the surrounding area of Kailua, Kaneohe, and Waimanalo as well as, military families stationed at nearby Marine Crops Base Hawaii. The school prides itself on providing a quality Catholic education focused on educational scholarship, spiritual formation and service to the greater community.
- The school's Early Learning Center for three and four year olds is across from the main campus where Kindergarten through Eighth grade is taught. All students are involved in the school's Safe and Caring Program to build a safe and harmonious environment for learning. The preschool focuses on emotional, social and developmental growth of young children where they learn through fun activities. In the elementary school, an emphasis is on teaching the whole child and the curriculum is enhanced with Art, Music, Technology, Spanish Language, and Physical Education courses. Additional resources for students include a Reading Resource teacher, Title 1 program, Library, Accelerated Reader, Star Reading Program and Apple Computer Lab. Technology integration in the classrooms is evidenced through Promethean Boards, multi-media displays, and class iPads. In the Middle School (6th-8th) students are provided with an iPad to facilitate online learning activities and project based learning.
- Students in 4th - 8th grade can participate and compete in the after school Athletics Program through the Christian and Catholic Schools League, competing with other schools on Oahu in Volleyball, Basketball and Track. The after school program also includes study hall, and a variety of enrichment programs for students to explore including Drama, Band, Choir, Bricks for Kids, Martial Arts, Hula, Foreign Language (Mandarin Chinese and Japanese), KidzArt, Amazing Athletes, Scouting, Music and Movement for Preschool, Altar Servers, and Student Government.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 831 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 261-0707 2.5 PK-12
- Aiea Grades: K-8 | 174 students
99-310 Moanalua Rd
Aiea, HI 96701
(808) 488-5322 11.1 K-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.