St. Anthony School Kailua
St. Anthony School Kailua serves 311 students in grades Prekindergarten-8, is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA), the Other religious school association(s) and the State or regional independent school association.
The student:teacher of St. Anthony School Kailua is 17:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Roman Catholic.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 311 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 71%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- St. Anthony School is the oldest Private School in Windward O'ahu. Since l952, the school has served generations of children from the surrounding area of Kailua, Kaneohe, and Waimanalo as well as, military families stationed at nearby Marine Crops Base Hawaii. The school prides itself on providing a quality Catholic education focused on educational scholarship, spiritual formation and service to the greater community.
- The school's Early Learning Center for three and four year olds is across from the main campus where Kindergarten through Eighth grade is taught. All students are involved in the school's Safe and Caring Program to build a safe and harmonious environment for learning. The preschool focuses on emotional, social and developmental growth of young children where they learn through fun activities. In the elementary school, an emphasis is on teaching the whole child and the curriculum is enhanced with Art, Music, Technology, Spanish Language, and Physical Education courses. Additional resources for students include a Reading Resource teacher, Title 1 program, Library, Accelerated Reader, Star Reading Program and Apple Computer Lab. Technology integration in the classrooms is evidenced through Promethean Boards, multi-media displays, and class iPads. In the Middle School (6th-8th) students are provided with an iPad to facilitate online learning activities and project based learning.
- Students in 4th - 8th grade can participate and compete in the after school Athletics Program through the Christian and Catholic Schools League, competing with other schools on Oahu in Volleyball, Basketball and Track. The after school program also includes study hall, and a variety of enrichment programs for students to explore including Drama, Band, Choir, Bricks for Kids, Martial Arts, Hula, Foreign Language (Mandarin Chinese and Japanese), KidzArt, Amazing Athletes, Scouting, Music and Movement for Preschool, Altar Servers, and Student Government.
Endorse St. Anthony School Kailua. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?