St. John Vianney School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (808) 261-4651
- St. John Vianney School gives students a firm foundation of faith within the framework of our Catholic tradition. We believe that the faith community of our school exists as a vital part of the parish and that it is an extension of the Church in its mission to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our school community gives witness to Catholic values in everyday life.
- We assist parents, the primary educators, in guiding their children to become responsible members of our community, our Church and our world. In the spirit of Jesus Christ, our teachers create a loving atmosphere that facilitates learning. The focus of our Catholic education is the total development of the child: spiritual, moral, academic, physical and cultural. Our goal is that our students will establish a personal relationship with the living Jesus, discover their gifts, share their talents, appreciate who they are and develop who they are called to be. Mission Statement: Living the Gospel Changing hearts, minds and lives E ho`oulu i ka na`au, ka mana`o, a me ke ola.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,245|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition also includes books, comprehensive fees and lunch.|
|Admissions Director||Annie Chee|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Geography Club, Math Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Hula, Orchestra
- St. John Vianney Parish, the second Catholic church in Kailua, was opened and dedicated in February, 1962. It was established to serve the newly developed area of Enchanted Lake and other growing Kailua communities. The St. John Vianney School opened its doors in 1965 to students in grades one through eight. The mission was extended to include kindergarten in 1980. In the fall of 2003, an Early Learning Center was opened to serve the needs of families with prekindergarten children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kailua Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
148 Makawao St
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 261-3331 1.5 PK-8
- Aiea Grades: K-8 | 174 students
99-310 Moanalua Rd
Aiea, HI 96701
(808) 488-5322 11.6 K-8
- Honolulu Grades: 6-12 | 669 students
1401 Houghtailing Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 841-0195 9.6 6-12
Excellent school! Affordable tuition. Amazing faculty, staff, and administration. They are all very supportive and caring.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
I have three children at SJV Parish School. It is an incredible family oriented community. The strong phonics program, wonderful reading curriculum, and well balanced all around education is fantastic! They work exceedingly hard to differentiate and to meet the needs of all students. SJV is part of a beautiful faith filled parish community. One last thing, the sports program is really strong thanks to great coaches.
- Posted by Parent - mbuse
St. John Vianney is a wonderful community. The academic program is strong, especially in grades 4-8. They have worked really hard in the last couple of years to update the technology and integrate it into the curriculum. The religious education gives the students a firm foundation in the faith. Some of the special offering St. John's provides is hula, sports, Japanese language and computer/multimedia. My children love it there!
- Posted by Parent - lrmer
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.