Kaimuki Christian School
Tel: (808) 732-1781
Founded in 1968, Kaimuki Christian School (KCS) is dedicated to communicating Christian values in an academic setting.
KCS strives to maintain its sense of `ohana across all grade levels and to reflect God`s love for each of his unique children in a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment.
KCS offers classes from Preschool to High School during the school year and a three-part program during the summer.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||2019: $930-$1845|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1196|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$14300 - $16730|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, High School Bible Study, Math League, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Student Worship Team
- Founded in 1968, Kaimuki Christian School (KCS) has grown in the past 50 years from its humble beginnings. Building on our reputation for providing children with a strong academic foundation and a nurturing environment during their preschool and elementary years, KCS expanded to a middle school in 1995 and launched a high school in 2012. Students from our first three graduating classes were accepted to well-known institutions across the country, and all have matriculated college.
- KCS has not only grown programmatically, but our campus has expanded as well. Harding Hall and the Clarence T.C. Ching Educational Center opened in 2012 and 2016, respectively, adding 10 classrooms, 3 multi-purpose rooms, and administrative office space to accommodate our growing needs for a full preschool through 12th grade program.
- As the largest ministry of Kaimuki Christian Church, the 40 member team of administrators, faculty, and support staff work together to achieve the school`s mission "to bring glory to God by nurturing all children who can significantly benefit from our program by educating each child to his/her God-intended potential." KCS desires to develop life-long learners who practice responsibility, integrity, and service to others as they meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Located on a one-acre block in the residential area of Kaimuki, KCS currently serves 280 preschool to 12th grade students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
2062 S King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 944-2625 2.2 NS-PK
- Honolulu Grades: 9-12 | 85 students
913 Alewa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 595-6359 5 9-12
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 946-4025 2.6 NS
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.