Mary, Star Of The Sea Early Learning Center
- Star of the Sea Early Learinng Center opened its door in 1980 in East Honolulu.
- In 2016, it's name was changed to Mary, Star of the Sea Early Learning Center in honor of Mary, Star of the Sea.
- In 1989, the school became the first Catholic Montessori preschool accredited by NAEYC and is also accredited by the American Montessori Association, National Council for Private School Accreditation, and National Catholic Educational Association.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is for regular school program from August to May, 7:00 AM-2:45 PM. Day Care, Summer School and Holiday Break Care are offered as additional cost to the regular school tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Foster|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, GymnasticsDance, Gymnastics,|
- Mary, Star of the Sea Early Learning Center offers a year-round program. Parents may choose between a regular school day (7 AM-2:45 PM) and an extended day program (2:45 PM to 5:45 PM. Enrichment and extra-curricular programs at an additional cost are also available to students. The school provides, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack and participates in the USDA food program. There are no additional meal costs since meals are included in the tuition. The program provides hands-on, interactive learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate for the age and experience of the learner. The teaching and learning activities include learning centers, indivdiual and small group instructions that provide the student with an individually, personalized learning plan.
- The purpose of Mary, Star of the Sea Early Learning Center is to educate the whole child, spiritually, intellectually, personally, socially and physically. The curriculum is designed to be sufficiently flexible and varied so as to provide the necessary experiences to support the development of the whole child as a global learner in the 21st century. The school exists to supplement the work of the parent in Catholic Christian education, to foster in children a love of God and neighbor. To attain these goals, the school has the following objectives:
- To reach the greatest possible spiritual development, the environment for the young child will be prepared so that it provides an unfolding integrated approach to discovering God's love. Through these experiences the child may understand more fully the beliefs of the Catholic Church, develop a personal prayer life and participate in liturgy.
- Through these early experiences, the Center seeks to help the child form a healthy spiritual base on which to form values consistent with our Catholic beliefs.
- The physical growth of the child is fostered through activity programs that are developmentally appropriate for the young child and allow for the development of fitness and understanding of health as a sense of "well being."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
3320 Harding Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)734-8979 1.7 PK-8
- Honolulu Grades: PK-3 | 58 students
872 Mission Ln
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)585-0622 5.3 PK-3
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 130 students
1515 Wilder Ave
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)949-2082 3.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: PK-8 | 239 students
712 N School St Bldg A
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)536-4703 6.1 PK-8
- Honolulu Grades: PK-12 | 311 students
3400 Moanalua Rd
Honolulu, HI 96819
(808)836-0233 9.7 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.