Holy Nativity School
Tel: (808) 373-3232
- Holy Nativity School is dedicated to excellence in education within a small and personalized environment.
- Built upon the qualities of respect and inclusion as exemplified in the Episcopal tradition, Holy Nativity School values each child's individuality as it develops principled citizens who recognize their role in a global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Goheen|
- Holy Nativity School, an independent, coeducational, Episcopal day school, enrolls students in Preschool-Grade 6. At HNS each child is known. Our well-trained teachers provide individual care to our students. We provide an integrated, research-based curriculum which is developmentally appropriate and aligned with national standards. In addition to classroom teachers who provide a solid foundation in the core subject areas, students also attend Music, Art, Religion, Computer, and Physical Education classes weekly with our specialist teachers. Teachers work collaboratively, insuring a seamless transition between grades, maximizing the cumulative effect of instruction thus preparing our graduates for a successful transition to seventh grade at Hawai`iâ€™s fine secondary schools. Our scenic 2-acre campus is conveniently located in East Honolulu. To schedule a tour of the campus or to learn more about our school, please call (808) 373-3232 or visit www.holynativityschool.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-8 | 175 students
4469 Malia St
Honolulu, HI 96821
(808) 734-0208 1.9 K-8
- Honolulu Grades: PK-6 | 196 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 522-0244 5.8 PK-6
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 831 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 261-0707 7 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.