Honolulu Waldorf School
- At Honolulu Waldorf School students are educated so that they will contribute to the future of the world with clear and creative thinking, compassion and moral strength, and the courage to initiate change.
- The goal of the outstanding education offered at HWS is the realization of responsible human freedom.
- HWS strives to provide an education that fosters in each child a sense of meaning and purpose in life, and the confidence to meet his or her individual destiny.
- We recognize and welcome the unique gifts brought by each child we serve.
- We are committed to supporting each child in his or her intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual development by offering a will-based curriculum that integrates academic, practical, experiential, and artistic work.
- We are inspired and guided in our work by the educational and spiritual insights of Rudolf Steiner and the continually growing body of research in anthroposophy, which maintains that the highest goal of education is the realization of responsible human freedom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||304 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 61%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HonoluluGrades: PK-KG | 127 students
1515 Wilder Ave
Honolulu, HI 96822
- HonoluluGrades: PK-8 | 392 students
3320 Harding Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
- HonoluluGrades: PK-KG | 68 students
5339 Kalanianaole Hwy
Honolulu, HI 96821
- HonoluluGrades: PK-K | 190 students
4470 Aliikoa St Ste 100
Honolulu, HI 96821
- HonoluluGrades: PK-K | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826