Makua Lani Christian Academy
- Makua Lani Christian Academy is a member in good standing of the Association of Christian Schools International and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools.
- Though the state of Hawaii no longer licenses private schools, we have in the past held a Hawaii State License for Private Schools.
- Makua Lani Christian Academy has 3 campuses to serve our students. They are PreK-5, grades 6 and 7, and grades 8-12.
- Makua Lani Christian Academy will work together with the parents and church to provide a Christ-centered spiritual, academic, and physical foundation that will produce individuals who will be Biblical thinkers capable of serving the world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 61%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Solid color pants/shorts and solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,320|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kailua KonaGrades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
- Kailua KonaGrades: PK-KG | 80 students
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy Ste 228
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.