Hershey Montessori School
Tel: (440) 636-6290
- Hershey Montessori School is comprised of two campuses. The Concord Campus educates children from birth to 12 years of age, and the Huntsburg Campus focuses on adolescents age 12 to 18.
- The Adolescent program is tailored to the developmental needs of each individual.
- Students thrive as they learn to live, learn, and work together.
- Integrated studies lead to sophisticated problem-solving and contributions to their school community.
- Students come from all over the world and represent a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions, and cultures.
- Parents are welcomed as partners in the ongoing process of preparing their children for life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$16,425 - $41,195 - Varies based on program level and/or boarding options.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,968|
|Admissions Director||Lakisha Wingard|
|Admissions Associate||Robyn Dill|
- Students at Hershey Montessori follow a carefully crafted curriculum aimed at intellectual, social and practical development in a manner and environment that is appropriate for the child at each stage of development. Children are guided through all the same basic concepts as in a traditional school environment through a self-taught, exploratory approach that allows them the freedom to choose their work and progress at their own developmental pace. Following the AMI Montessori curriculum, guides create a framework for learning that provides freedom within boundaries, and teaches the student life-long lessons of initiative and self discipline.In addition to standard curriculum, Montessori students have the benefit of learning from their environment, studying language and engaging in the arts at a deep level. Beyond intellectual development, Montessori students are taught the importance of empathy and respect, as well as practical life skills that are achieved through purposeful work. From infancy, Montessori students are taught how to practically take care of themselves and the world around them through every day activities and common courtesies like greeting or thanking people.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsburg Grades: 1-8 | 56 students
11925 Hunt Rd
Huntsburg, OH 44046 1.3 1-8
- Huntsburg Grades: 1-8 | 39 students
11733 Princeton Rd
Huntsburg, OH 44046
(440) 636-5407 2 1-8
- Middlefield Grades: 1-8 | 31 students
12679 Clay St
Middlefield, OH 44062
(440) 636-5713 2.4 1-8
- Windsor Grades: 1-8 | 46 students
7031 State Route 322
Windsor, OH 44099
(440) 272-5142 2.9 1-8
- Middlefield Grades: 1-8 | 52 students
12940 Clay St
Middlefield, OH 44062
(440) 636-5365 3 1-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.