Holly Hill Academy
- On September 14, 1970, Holly Hill Academy opened its doors to the community.
- Holly Hill Academy is a school dedicated to the truest concepts of education, whose primary objective is the imparting of knowledge, and in these precepts it shall grow and flourish.
- The Academy's primary objective is excellence in academics and athletics.
- A growth-oriented, enriched curriculum is Holly Hill Academy's password to a bright future for students in kindergarten through grade twelve.
- Grades K-4 are self-contained, focusing on basic skills and development.
- The Open Court reading series and the Saxon math series are essential phases of the curriculum in grades 1-6.
- Special subject teachers for art, music, and physical education supplement of the basic core of studies.
- A state-of-the-art technology wing offers both language and computer labs that are utilized by all grade levels.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Summerton Grades: PK-12 | 208 students
1140 S Duke St
Summerton, SC 29148
(803)485-3550 22.5 PK-12
- Sumter Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
420 S Pike W
Sumter, SC 29150
(803)773-1902 47.1 PK-12
I have sent 2 children to this school and was a transplant from another state. We knew no one. This school embraced us and we were made to feel like family. I have one more that is currently attending and it is even better today. This school like any school will give to you what you put in to it. If you are a loner and do not care to socialize, then they will respect your privacy. If you love to jump in and volunteer they will let you and most likely put you in charge of something! LOL!! I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 alumni
I will always be proud to be a product of HHA!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - C/O 2006