Holy Savior Catholic Elementary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (985) 532-2536
- Holy Savior Catholic School, with a 140-year tradition of high-quality education in Lockport, Louisiana, will strive to provide a faithful, caring, personal environment sensitivetotheneeds of each child in its care. Its philosophy calls for the fulfillment of the school's ultimate mission--to form the mind,body, and soul of each student.Holy Savior Catholic School, a spiritual andeducationalministryof Holy Savior Parish, will strive to provide acaring,personalenvironment sensitive to the needs of each child inourcare.
- We will promote academic success within eachchild'spotentialand support his religious, educational, social,andphysicalachievements.
- We will help students to perpetuate and improvethedemocraticprocess and to have a positive impact on theirfaith,theirfamilies, their communities, their country, and theirworld.Theprogram of Holy Savior Elementary School is planned togivethetraining that fosters healthy development of theindividualfromNursery to Fifth grade level, through closeassociationwithparents and community.
- The worth of each individual entitles him to an education.
- We consider parents to be, in order of time and importance, the first educator, but they require the greater resources of groups.
- Thus, teachers maintain a position of authority which is exercised with Christian love, and cooperationfromtheparents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tricia Thibodaux|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Mize|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Intramural Sports OnlyCross Country, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4H Club, Caritas Club, STEAM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, Performing Arts Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross Country, Kickball
- Holy Savior Catholic Schoolhas been providing manygenerationsoffamilies in the central Lafourche area a Catholiceducationsince1879. As of 2019-2020, Nursery one through fifthgrade studentsfromLockport and the surrounding areas are provideda compassionateandnurturing environment where all students areencouraged tolearn,serve, lead and succeed. The school's missionteaches thestudentsto live the principles of Catholic traditionwhich is deeplyrootedin the Gospel of Jesus. This allows studentsto learn toserveGodand others, to strive for academicexcellence, and tobecomesuccessful lifelong learners. HolySavior's faith formationandCatholic identity are lived out dailyby the faculty, staff,andstudents in order to prepare them fortheir future spirituallife.Our studentsattenddailyreligion lessons, weekly Masses,andmonthlyrosaries. While our faculty and staff are committedtoofferingopportunities for students to succeed academically,weworktogether to ensure that each child's spiritual,social,physical,and academic needs are met.Teachersusevariousteachingstrategies and integrate technologyusinginteractive PrometheanBoards and Chromebooksto developastudent'scriticalthinking skills.Besides the major subjects,HolySavioroffers music, computer, library,andphysicaleducationclasses. Students are offered a varietyofextra-curricular andco-curricular activities such as 4-H,BetaClub, band, choir, andcross country. The importance of serviceandcharity is stressed atHoly Savior. Our students are encouragedtolive out the Gospelvalues Jesus taught and make a positiveimpactonthose in ourcommunity. Various service activities takeplacethroughout theyear, such as collecting toiletries for TheHaven andsupplies forthe PACT Place.Called by ourmission as aCatholicschoolto serve others, service projects are a part ofeverydaylife at ourschool. Holy Savior Catholic School is gratefulfor thededicationand support of those who believe in Catholiceducationand ourmission. It is because of you - and God's grace -that HolySaviorstudentswill continue tolearn, serve, lead,andsucceed.
- The primary purpose of Holy Savior Catholic SchoolistheCatholic education of the children in thecommunity,complementingeducation in the various academicsubjectswith anemphasis onlanguage arts and math."Christianeducation takes in thewholeaggregate of human life, physical andspiritual, intellectualandmoral, individual, domestic andsocial..." Pope Pius XITheprogramof Holy Savior Catholic School isplanned to provide thetrainingthat fosters healthy development ofthe individual fromnurserythrough eighth grade, through closeassociation with parentsandcommunity. The worth of each individualentitles him toaneducation. We consider parents to be, in order oftimeandimportance, the first educator, but they requirethegreaterresources of groups. Thus, teachers maintain apositionofauthority that is exercised with Christian loveandcooperationfrom the parents. We are also responsible tosociety,which placesupon the teacher the care of educating theyoung and ofmaking themworthy citizens, honest and devoted to thegeneralwelfare. Webelieve the school's program should be based ontheworth anddignity of the child as he develops into anactiveparticipant inour democratic society. He should be taught inanatmosphere inwhich he can develop as a child of God and as asocialhuman being,an atmosphere in which he is made aware of Godinhimself and hisclassmates through respect for himself andothers.In thisdevelopment, the teacher is the leader and guide,settinggoodexamples by reflecting in his personal and professionallifeacommitment to Gospel values and Christian tradition.
- We believe that:
- -the child must experience success and a feeling ofsecurityandaffection.
- -the child must be motivated and guided in acquiringtheskills,virtue and habits of heart and mind required toaddresswithChristian insight the multiple problems of injusticewhichfaceindividuals in our pluralistic society.
- -the child must be provided with learningexperienceswhichenable him to transfer principles andgeneralizationsdeveloped inschool to situations outside of theschool.
- -the child should be provided with opportunities tospeak,write,and compute with Christian attitudes, encouraged toexercisecriticalthinking and decision making, motivated toexperienceintellectualcuriosity that will lead him to discoveringanddeveloping hispotential as he increasingly understandsandappreciates theaccomplishments of others.
- -the school must foster the apostolic consciousnessofthestudent by encouraging him to join inexperimentallearningactivities that give witness to Christianjustice andlove.
- -each child is capable of growth and development andthatourteaching should reflect a conscientious and sustainedefforttokeep abreast of the time in the development ofeducationaltrends.By integrating the knowledge, faith, and valueshe gainshere, theHoly Savior student will think critically,discover a loveoflearning, live the Gospel message, reach out toothers inservice,further social justice, and deepen hisrelationship withGod.
Profile last updated:
Holy Savior has help our children excel in the personal growth and education. The school and staff helps build each child personal achievement that helps them improve their own gains for the future. They have chrome laptops for each middle school student which helps them in the fast changing world of electronics.
- Posted by Parent - Steve
Holy Savior, although in a small town, is still impressive. The teachers have experience with their positions, and there is a family atmosphere within the school. Holy Savior's campus is composed of a large main building, a gymnasium, a new cafeteria, and covered walkways connecting them all. There is also close access to the church and the Lockport baseball field. There are art classes, a computer lab, a library, a prayer room, and a band room. There are many athletic programs including basketball, softball, volleyball, soccer, and cheerleading. The school band and choir programs teach the important basics of music and more. Holy Savior has many clubs including Caritas, 4-H, Student Council, and a Beta Club. HSCS is the only school in the Diocese of Houma Thibodaux to be recognized as a National Junior Beta School of Distinction for their Beta Club. The faculty members are faith-filled people who genuinely care about each child. I would strongly recommend Holy Savior to anyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - conno
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?