Immanuel Evangelical School
Tel: (847) 249-0011
- The Immanuel Lutheran School was started in the church basement with 27 students and one teacher in Waukegan on Chapel Street in 1965.
- April 1, 1974 the new school was completed in Waukegan on Frolic Avenue.
- Today, the school teaches approximately 90 children from Pre-K through 8th grades.
- The faculty consists of a fulltime principal/teacher, three additional full-time teachers, two part-time teachers, each serving in Kindergarten and Preschool, and one part-time tutor/librarian.
- All of our teachers are graduated from accredited colleges and have a Bachelor's or higher degree.
- Immanuel Lutheran School is Christ-based and each day starts with teachings of the bible.
- On Wednesdays, our pastor leads the studies in Chapel instead of the classroom.
- In addition, the average school day consists of reading, writing, English, arithmetic, history, science, Spanish as a second language, gym, and art.
- The Immanuel Lutheran School Society is a parent-teacher organization, that meets two or three times during the school year.
- The purpose of this group is to promote better communication, aid in parental and educational knowledge, encourage fellowship and support school functions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waukegan Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
1550 W Yorkhouse Road
Waukegan, IL 60087
(847) 623-7600 2.5 PK-12
- Gurnee Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
2190 Fuller Rd
Gurnee, IL 60031
(847) 623-7773 3 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.