Insight Colearning Center
Insight Colearning is a small private high school (i.e.
micro school) that provides challenging, individualized learning for intellectually curious young adults. Insight`s seminar-style courses and real-world educational experiences teach students skills to thrive in college and beyond.
Insight works with each individual student to tailor their education to meet their interests and needs. Insight teaches students to think independently and take charge of their own learning.
Insight is committed to helping students engage in the learning process and love learning (or love learning again).
Insight provides a nurturing, diverse community and respects students as emerging young adults.
Learning at Insight takes place largely outside the standard four walls of a school so students can connect with the larger community and do authentic work.
- Top Ranked NC School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 24 students
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Insight Colearning Center ranks among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
- Insight provides a unique educational experience for intellectually curious students, many of whom, despite their love of learning, have not thrived in traditional school. We strive to create a diverse community, and we embrace educational equity as a core value and guiding principle. At Insight, we emphasize learning for understanding, and we support our students with one-on-one advising and a daily social study hall. Students take 3-4 seminar-style courses per semester taught by experts in their fields, and they have ample opportunity to do field work, community service, and interest-driven projects. As students progress through our 3 phases of development, they build critical skills for navigating and making use of higher education and/or successfully launching their careers.
Profile last updated: 06/25/2021
Endorse Insight Colearning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.