Kalamazoo Christian Middle School
- We believe our philosophy and objectives grow out of the world and life view rooted in a reformed interpretation of the Scriptures.
- We believe this statement is a consistent application of that interpretation to the area of education.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the mission of the Kalamazoo Christian School Association.
- The Kalamazoo Christian Schools, in partnership with Christian families and churches, prepare students to serve God responsibly in His world, by equipping them with knowledge, skills, and a Biblical vision for life, for the advancement of His kingdom.
- The ultimate goal of our education is that students become spiritually, socially, mentally, and physically equipped to live effectively as Christians a world that belongs to God.
- To attain this goal we have carefully developed a core curriculum in the areas of Bible, Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
- We have developed an encore curriculum, which complements the core curriculum and also includes Fine Arts, Physical Education, Art, and Technology.
- KCMS seeks to create a caring learning environment that celebrates each child as an image bearer of God.
- The goals of education at KCMS recognize the uniqueness of the adolescent learner who is still exploring and discovering his or her interests and gifts.
- We seek to develop disciples of Jesus, quality achievers, independent and discerning thinkers, cooperative learners, and effective communicators.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-9|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kalamazoo Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
615 Fairview Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)342-8008 0.4 PK-8
- Kalamazoo Grades: K-9 | 68 students
100 Pratt Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
(269)385-4889 0.8 K-9
- Kalamazoo Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
1000 W Kilgore Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269)381-2646 0.9 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.