Kalamazoo Christian High School
- The Kalamazoo Christian Schools have been a part of the greater Kalamazoo community for over 130 years.
- Kalamazoo, which is centrally located between Chicago and Detroit, is home to Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo College, and Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
- Kalamazoo Christian High School is a comprehensive four-year high school enrolling an average of 300 students in grades nine through twelve.
- We have been accredited by The North Central Association of Secondary Schools since 1989, and honored as an "Exemplary School" in the U.S.D.E. Exemplary School National Recognition Program.
- Staff-Student Data Kalamazoo Christian High School Faculty are all state certified and over one-half have acquired a Masters Degree.
- The Faculty-Student Ratio is 1 to 12.5 and the average class is 22.
- Trained and experienced counselors work with all the students both individually and in small groups, helping them plan their high school academic program, interpreting test scores, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses, assisting them in the college selection and the application process, and providing financial aid information.
- Both counselors are trained to do a variety of counseling, including crisis intervention, and personal counseling.
- Students are also helped in the process of determining a career plan by the Exploring Career Opportunities (ECO) Office.
- This is an office that is supervised by the Counselors and staffed by volunteers.
- They do career testing, assist students in researching careers, and arrange job shadow experiences for the students.
- Approximately 85% of our graduates will attend a four-year college or university.
- The remaining students attend a community college, enlist in the military, enroll in a technical school, or go to work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on family income.|
- People that viewed Kalamazoo Christian High School also viewed these schools: Msgr John R Hackett Catholic Central High School.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.