Kalamazoo Christian High School
- The Kalamazoo Christian Schools have been a part of the greater Kalamazoo community for over 130 years.
- Kalamazoo, which is centrally located between Chicago and Detroit, is home to Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo College, and Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
- Kalamazoo Christian High School is a comprehensive four-year high school enrolling an average of 300 students in grades nine through twelve.
- We have been accredited by The North Central Association of Secondary Schools since 1989, and honored as an "Exemplary School" in the U.S.D.E. Exemplary School National Recognition Program.
- Staff-Student Data Kalamazoo Christian High School Faculty are all state certified and over one-half have acquired a Masters Degree.
- The Faculty-Student Ratio is 1 to 12.5 and the average class is 22.
- Trained and experienced counselors work with all the students both individually and in small groups, helping them plan their high school academic program, interpreting test scores, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses, assisting them in the college selection and the application process, and providing financial aid information.
- Both counselors are trained to do a variety of counseling, including crisis intervention, and personal counseling.
- Students are also helped in the process of determining a career plan by the Exploring Career Opportunities (ECO) Office.
- This is an office that is supervised by the Counselors and staffed by volunteers.
- They do career testing, assist students in researching careers, and arrange job shadow experiences for the students.
- Approximately 85% of our graduates will attend a four-year college or university.
- The remaining students attend a community college, enlist in the military, enroll in a technical school, or go to work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on family income.|
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.