For over 50 years, The Montessori School has served as a non-profit, private education institution for children ages 2 to 12. We are dedicated to assisting families with the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of their children in accordance with the principles and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. Our highly trained, credentialed teachers nurture and cultivate each child`s curiosity while providing a strong foundation for continued academic success. TMS provides a warm, vibrant, educational home designed to foster a love of learning and help all children reach their fullest potential at their own unique pace.
We strive to educate the whole child and to inspire children to be caring, socially responsible participants in their community and world.
Our carefully prepared classrooms are staffed with Montessori-certified Lead Guides and specially trained staff.
Our multi-age classrooms allow the children to learn from one another and to be valued contributors to the classroom community.
The Montessori philosophy embraces the lessons our natural environment can provide, and we have put much care into cultivating an outdoor space that facilitates this exploration.
We strive to create a true balance between freedom, order, and responsibility in each classroom.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 127 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
View our programs below and request tuition information by emailing email@example.com!www.themontessorischool.org
Summer Program Cost Notes
$350/week for Day Camp (8 am - 3 pm) and $425/week for Childcare Add-on (7:30 am - 5:30 pm)
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano Lessons, Recorder Ensemble
Piano Lessons, Recorder Ensemble
- The Montessori School is located in the heart of Kalamazoo and serves Southwest Michigan with high-quality, comprehensive education that fosters a love of learning and addresses the whole child academically, emotionally, and socially. Children can begin in our classrooms at the age of two years and attend through the sixth grade. Our campus is composed of two buildings in addition to four outdoor learning environments with the bonus feature of Axtell Creek Park in our backyard!
- Learn more about us at themontessorischool.org!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Montessori School?
The acceptance rate of The Montessori School is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
When is the application deadline for The Montessori School?
The application deadline for The Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.