Every school has its own personality and this is where we truly shine.
Our staff members are engaged professionals with a true heart for children.
With years of experience and an enthusiasm for teaching this staff is a wonderful example of early childhood educators; I am proud to introduce you to them.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 135 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Westpark Kindercare! We are conveniently located in the residential area of Irvine called Westpark in one of the nicest locations in Irvine. We are surrounded by community parks, shopping and homes and are especially lucky to have a spacious school with four large playgrounds, all of them with grass and room to run. Although we have a wonderful curriculum and a beautiful school, it's our staff that sets us apart. Come visit us today and experience for yourself the Westpark Kindercare difference!
- Keeping your child safe and secure is our first priority. In
addition to the built-in security features at the center we
strictly follow established procedures for your child's arrival and
departure. Teaching your child the importance of hand washing
at an early age helps maintain his/her health. Children may become
sick during the day; if your child becomes ill while at the school
we think it's better for him/her to be at home with you. We
will call you and ask that you pick your child up within the
hour. All children need to be symptom free for 24 hours
before returning to school.
We also follow monthly emergency drills and have a Health and Safety Coordinator on staff who maintains our safety and cleanliness records.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: French, Spanish
- None accepted.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kindercare?
The application deadline for Kindercare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kindercare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.