Laurinburg Normal & Industrial Institute
Tel: (910) 276-0684
- The Laurinburg Institute is a private, non-sectarian preparatory school offering residential education in grades 9 through 12.
- Laurinburg Institute reflects a history of excellence and achievement. It is now the only Black institution of its kind in the United States.
- Started in 1904 by Emmanuel Monty and Tinny McDuffie, with only a small piece of swamp land and a dream of providing quality education and guidance for black childen.
- That dream is being realized every day, but it has not been without a tremendous challenge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 11-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Laurinburg Grades: PK-12 | 228 students
10300 Mccoll Rd
Laurinburg, NC 28352
(910) 276-7722 4 PK-12
- Chula Vista Grades: 6-12 | 2763 students
660 Bay Blvd., Suite 110B
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(866) 366-8847 2155.6 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.