- LCA is an independant, non-denominational Christian school serving Onslow, Duplin, and surrounding counties.
- We provide bussing to various locations in Jacksonville and in Duplin county for 2015-2016.
- We exist to be the leader in education, and to provide a positive and challenging environment where children are given the opportunity to grow intellectually and spiritually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Student Support Services/IEPS welcome|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||College Courses through Liberty University|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Simple Dress Code )
Finances and Admission
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Agricultural Club for 2015-16 Agricultural Club for 2015-16,
- LCA is a Christian school, full of technology with a college preparatory environment. We have small class sizes and a Christian environment that seeks to meet the individual needs of each student. We are adding new specials and elective courses each year as we as expanding our current programs. Liberty Christian Academy is seeking to be a leader in quality Christian education, preparing our students academically, spiritually, and practically for their futures.
- LCA offers band and sports programs for grades 6th - 12th. We also offer dual enrollment college courses and a variety of elective options. We offer course, computers, art, PE, drama and more for students of all ages.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 229 students
919 Gum Branch Rd
Jacksonville, NC 28540
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 279 students
3980 Gum Branch Rd
Jacksonville, NC 28540
KinstonGrades: PK-12 | 823 students
1901 Dobbs Farm Road
Kinston, NC 28504
JacksonvilleGrades: NS-8 | 165 students
714 Bates St
Jacksonville, NC 28546
BeulavilleGrades: 4-12 | 56 students
Po Box 470
Beulaville, NC 28518
What a breath of fresh air this school is! We could literally FEEL the love of God here and a beautiful atmosphere of love. This was very refreshing. The staff is friendly and helpful and Cheryl Cavanaugh, the principal, personifies the word "beautiful" inwardly as well as outwardly. No stern, ugly attitudes or "duty-minded religiosity" or disgruntled , gossipy teachers ever observed here. What we have experienced here is exactly what we hoped to find in a school calling themselves a "Christian" school...a genuine, loving, Christ-centered, helpful, encouraging, supportive Christian school, professionally run with a high academic standard and superior results. The school atmosphere is comfortable and peaceful and "happy". Our son looks forward to school each day and is excited to be here. The school offers a bus service and families from several counties have children attending here, due to the desire to send their children to a Christian school of this great, outstanding caliber. We drive our son almost a half hour to school and then I drive back home (almost one hour round trip). Then I pick him up and drive him home after school so I can be with him (though he could take the bus). That's nearly two hours a day of travel time, but it's so worth every minute! Our precious son and our family are so very blessed by God through this school, and we would highly recommend it to others!
- Posted by Parent - levia
This is an absolutely great private school. The Teachers and all faculty members are very loving, caring, and nuturing to all of the students. The Teachers really take their time to develop and make sure the students become exceptional students. As a parent I could not ask for a better atomosphere and classroom environment. I would definitely recommend this school in any parent in and out of the local area. The Staff is great with communicating with the parents and letting them know where you child should be.
- Posted by Parent - teast
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.