Arendell Parrott Academy
- Arendell Parrott Academy is an independent, coeducation, nonsectarian college preparatory day school enrolling 730+ students in grades TK - 12.
- Arendell Parrott Academy is the largest independent school in eastern North Carolina serving students from a twelve county area that includes Lenoir, Pitt, Craven, Wayne, Onslow and surrounding counties.
- An honor code and student code of conduct govern both the social and academic conduct of all students.
- Admission is selective, based upon the applicant's testing results, achievement, scholastic record and character. The Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Arendell Parrott Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||727 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art - Design 2D & 3D, Art - Drawing, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, U. S. History, U.S. Government & Politics, World History|
|Average SAT score||1290|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial aid is available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Gilmore|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Dance Team, Guitar, Math Team, Middle School Council, National Beta Club (Jr. & Sr.), Orchestra, Quiz Bowl, Science Olympiad, SERV - Student Service Organization, Student Government Association, Theatre|
- Arendell Parrott Academy upholds a tradition of fostering each student’s intellectual, creative, social, physical, and moral development in a positive and challenging educational community. Arendell Parrott Academy is a unit school providing an educational environment which nurtures the student—assisting each individual in reaching his or her full potential. Realizing the significant role of self-esteem, the Academy focuses primarily on the stimulation of maximum intellectual development in a positive learning environment. In acquiring a knowledge base, students are given the opportunity to apply critical and reflective thinking and to engage in learning activities which promote the development of their natural curiosity. With well-qualified and compassionate faculty and staff working in partnership with parents, the students develop morally, emotionally, socially, and physically, enabling them to appreciate and accept the responsibilities of membership in the community and society. As preparation for accepting their individual responsibilities, students receive a liberal arts education with skills to become mature individuals who can make responsible decisions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kinston Grades: K-12 | 338 students
1936 Banks School Rd
Kinston, NC 28504
(252) 522-4636 2 K-12