New Independence Academy
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, positive, and enthusiastic learning environment for children diagnosed with forms of high functioning autism. We work with families and the community to empower students to feel happy and accepted while instilling the social, vocational, academic, and independent living skills needed to fulfill their individual dreams.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 31 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Autism/Asperger's syndrome/High functioning autism
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Students must be diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and must fall in the high functioning range of the autism spectrum.
Profile last updated: 08/19/2020
Endorse New Independence Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.