Wayne Country Day School
- Wayne Country Day School is an independent , co-educational day school, educationing students in grades 3K through 12.
- With a strong belief in its mission to challenge and nurture its students in a safe, diverse environment, to inspire them to commit themselves to excellence in preparation for college and the world beyond.
- Wuth a very low student to teacher ratio, the Wayne Country Day School culture features a family-like student body where each student matters and all students are important.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus, BC, Computer Science Principles, English Lang & Comp, English Lit & Comp, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Lang & Comp, Studio Art, US History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition above is the highest rate, for Upper School (grades 7-12)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,700|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elidia Eason|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Wayne Country Day School is an independent , co-educational day school, educationing students in grades 2 1/2K through 12. With a strong belief in its mission to challenge and encourage its students to commit themselves to excellence in preparation for college and the world beyond, Wayne Country Day supports its students' academic and social development in a safe, disciplined, family-oriented environment. Wayne Country Day School challenges and encourages its students to commit themselves to personal excellence in preparation for college and the world beyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goldsboro Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
3000 Summit Rd
Goldsboro, NC 27534
(919)759-2002 2.5 PK-8
- Goldsboro Grades: K-8 | 21 students
900 Eleventh Street
Goldsboro, NC 27530
(919)738-1441 0.6 K-8
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.