Pathway Christian Academy
This school term was a special year for us! We went through hurricane Matthew together. We had lots of repairs to our school but we persevered! We have a great bunch of students!
- Pathway Christian Academy has been dedicated to academic excellence in a Christian environment.
- Hundreds of students have been equipped to face the challenges of life because of the opportunities they received at Pathway.
- Pathway Christian Academy was an idea that came from God.
- This idea became a reality in 1992 when 27 young people arrived for our first day of school.
- Since those humble beginnings, Pathway Christian Academy has continued to offer young people the opportunity of academic and Christian growth through the use of a proven Christian education and Christian character building program.
- The Academy has an atmosphere which combines culture without formality, enthusiasm without rowdiness, and scholarship without starch.
- But with Spirit! At Pathway, our Christian faith is not stereotyped, strained, or "overly-pious." It is, however, vibrant, alive, and clearly taught in precept and in practice.
- As a school, we are committed to the highest standards of excellence.
- It is our intention to instill within the heart of each child the rich heritage that is ours through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(See Web Page For Details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,000|
|Tuition Notes||Multi-Student Discounts Apply. See Web Page For Additional Information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sherry Worthington|
- Believing that its small size and focus on the intellectual and spiritual growth of the individual student to constitute its most distinctive qualities, Pathway does not strive to become the biggest. Our current enrollment cutoff is 80 students, with a student to staff ratio of 10 to 1. Each year additional students are placed on the Academy waiting list until class vacancies allow their non-discriminatory admission. Pathway Academy believes that students flourish in an atmosphere of discipline and respect. Where faculty members are role models as well as teachers and advisors. Strict standards of behavior, academics and dress will help create an environment conducive to learning and applying new skills. A TRENDSETTER: On the surface, must schools look alike. Pathway Christian Academy is different. We are a part of the School of Tomorrow Network, a group of over 7000 schools utilizing trendsetting and innovative ideas to teach students to see life from God's perspective, to take responsibility for their own learning, and to walk in wisdom. AN INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAM: Whether a student is a high achiever or a moderate paced learner, the Pathway Christian educational process proceeds at the exact level determined by the child's ability. Each child is different. True education must acknowledge that difference and encourage each individual to achieve their own potential. THE FORMULA FOR EXCELLENCE: Individualization produces academic excellence! Often, students perform poorly because of forgotten or failed concepts from earlier grades. The Pathway system allows us to identify these learning gaps and prescribe the correct curriculum to fill the void.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goldsboro Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
3000 Summit Rd
Goldsboro, NC 27534
(919)759-2002 4.2 PK-8
- Goldsboro Grades: 1-12 | 14 students
323 Whitfield Dr
Goldsboro, NC 27530
(919)734-7227 1.4 1-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.