5.00 (3 reviews)
- Fully Accredited. Accepting domestic and international students in Grades 6 - 12.
- Hopewell Academy provides a challenging and supportive environment for students.
- Small classes and personalized attention help our students become confident and responsible learners to achieve academic success in a college preparatory environment.
- At Hopewell students experience a global perspective studying with students from around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Environmental Science, AP Language and Composition,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||2019-20 School Year Grades 6-8/ $9700 Grades 9-12/ $10500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michele Warren|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Club, Debate Club, Robotics Club, Student Government (HALO)
- Accepting Domestic and International Students in Grades 6-12.
- Accredited by AdvancEd and Department of Homeland Security
- All classes average 12:1 ratio.
- Electives include Foreign Languages, Forensics, Yearbook, Sports Marketing, Geography, Art, Music, Drama, Journalism, Sociology, Psychology, Child Development, Philosophy and more. AP and Honors classes offered in all disciplines.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: K-12 | 776 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
(919)303-2560 1.7 K-12
- Raleigh Grades: 4-12 | 111 students
400 Cedarview Court
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919)782-5082 11.8 4-12
NC is known for having great higher learning, but when it comes to education for you children the state fails. As a parent who has plans for my child to be college bound, I have been extremely happy Hopewell Academy, they are a school for 6-12th grade.The school has small class sizes, they teach to your child`s level and the environment encourages success! The teachers and staff are top notch and the students are all supportive of each other. The school lacks the clicks that most schools do, which really allow the kids to accept and support diversity. It`s very affordable and a true investment in your child`s future. I highly recommend checking out one of the open houses they have.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
My son has been at Hopewell for three years and loves it. Public school did not match his learning style and the classes were too large. At Hopewell he has enjoyed small classes, personal attention and the encouragement he needs. His grades have improved dramatically since coming to Hopewell. I would highly recommend this school to other parents.
- Posted by Parent - jscha
Hopewell Academy has been an excellent experience for our student. The teachers are outstanding and go out of their way to help the students. The founder of the school and dean are dedicated to the students and providing a challenging academic environment. The High school students have been given opportunities to visit area colleges, tour local companies, and have worked on projects such as improving the outdoor areas of the school. Our student has been able to participate in many sports teams over the years and enjoyed electives like art, yearbook and photography. We are thankful to have chosen Hopewell Academy 5 years ago. It was the best choice for our student who loves school and is thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - scorn
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.