Wake Christian Academy
- One of the leading private schools in Raleigh, N.C.
- Wake Christian Academy was established in 1966 and operates as a K-12 Biblically-based Christian day school.
- Private, unaffiliated, board-governed, nonprofit institution which seeks to maintain high academic and spiritual standards.
- Wake Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded to students at the school.
- The school, consisting of kindergarten, elementary, middle school, and senior high school levels, is concerned with the spiritual as well as the intellectual growth of its students.
- Wake Christian Academy is a fully-accredited member of AdvancED, American Association of Christian Schools, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools, National Council for Private School Accreditation, North American Christian School Accrediting Agency, and the North Carolina Christian School Association.
- Wake Christian Academy strives to maintain a high standard of excellence as set forth by these organizations.
- WCA teachers are certified by the NCCSA, and many faculty members maintain licensure by the State of North Carolina.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||880 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Applications, English Language, English Literature, Music Theory, Physics, Physics I & II, Spanish, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Girls: Slacks, modest tops; Boys: lower grades jeans, HS Khaki slacks & collard shirt )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,175|
|Tuition Notes||K $6,300 El $7,400 MS $8,300 HS $8,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dawn Currin|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: K-12 | 776 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
(919)303-2560 9.1 K-12
What a life saving blessing this school is! Honored to have our son in a school where disrespect of adults is not tolerated, integrity and honor are the expectation, and God is the central theme in every subject. We couldn't have imagined the atmospher of love and grace. What an excellent environment to have our son learning daily in. The Farrell's
- Posted by Parent - Farre
We have 2 in elementary school at Wake Christian. Our experiences have been nothing but positive since our oldest was in kindergarten. We are very pleased with the Christ-centered teaching. When my youngest came home and said, "I prayed for you today Mommy!", it warmed my heart. It shows that this school is an extension of our home. It's not just a place they go when we are at work. They learn what is important and how to apply it to life. We don't make a lot of money but it is well worth the sacrifices! Beginning this summer, Wake Christian will offer more summer camps to meet the working parents needs. We like that WCA is not static but striving to be dynamic in their Christ-centered approaches.
- Posted by Parent - jhhst
Both of our children have attended Wake Christian Academy since kindergarten. We have been extremely pleased with the school's academic program, Christian focus, and dedication of the teachers. Our children enjoy school and are excelling in all areas, but especially in math and reading. In fact, they are both reading well above grade level. I attribute this to the strong phonics-based curriculum taught from the start. Class sizes are perfect, the "specials" (art, Spanish, music, PE, and computer) are fantastic, and the doors are always open for parents - you can be as involved in your child's classroom as you like. We have been especially impressed with the school's leadership and the wise choices made on behalf of the students. I would encourage you to visit the campus and experience Wake Christian Academy for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - cstra
Wake Christian Academy is a great school, it's more than a school, it is a family. We have been pleased with the Christian teaching and doctrine that is taught in every grade level. The teacher's truely love the students and work to help each student reach success. WCA is a great place.
- Posted by Parent - pam
We have loved our experiences at WCA. This has been the right decision for our family. Our sns have been well cared for and educated the past 3 years (K - 2nd). We hope to continue at this school through 12th grade. It is a loving, safe Christian environment, well worth the price of tuition.
- Posted by Parent - Hspes
Wake Christian Academy offers an excellent education and caring environment for students of all ages. I have had children at the school now for 8 years and have found the faculty to be well-qualified to teach their subjects as well as very attentive to the students. The athletic program is competitive and offers a variety of sports.
- Posted by Parent - teagu
I have my two children 8 years ago I can tell you this is a great place to be my children love it every aspect of it, teacher well educated and facilities very spacious, nice playground..I can go on and on it is just a great school. NR.
- Posted by Parent - richy