North Raleigh Christian Academy
- North Raleigh Christian Academy is Wake County's largest private school serving almost 1500 students.
- It is a college-preparatory institution providing excellence in academics, fine arts, and athletics.
- NRCA is known for its academic rigor, extracurricular activities (athletics, fine arts, clubs, etc.), and, most importantly, its spiritual focus.
- Test scores far exceed state and national norms. The Class of 2019 received over $3.8 million in merit scholarships with 100% of the senior class going to colleges and universities.
- As a Christian institution, students are taught not only how to make a living, but how to make a life.
- Chapel, Bible classes, and Biblical integration into student life make NRCA distinctively Christian.
- NRCA is raising up a generation of students who will make a difference and impact their society for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Principles, AP Computer Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art 3D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing, AP United States History|
|Average SAT score||1222|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,490|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost reflexes high school. NRCA has staggered tuition across grades. There are two payment plans: Full payment with a 2% discount, and 12-monthly installments.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Susan Dial|
|Admissions Associate||Tonya Hayward|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
25 Middle & High School Clubs, Middle School Fellow of Christian Athletes, Student Council, Worship Teams, Youth and Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choir, Dance & Drama, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
44 Sports Teams, High School Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Our Mission: North Raleigh Christian Academy is a community Christian school assisting families by providing academic excellence while instilling Biblical principles in students' lives that they might impact their society.
- Our Vision: North Raleigh Christian Academy stands as a lighthouse to those seeking a Christ-centered place of excellence with a loving and caring environment where students can launch into adult life equipped with the character and skills to navigate successfully for God's service.
- Our Faith: The general nature and object of North Raleigh Christian Academy shall be to conduct an institution or institutions of learning for the general education of youth in the essentials of culture and its arts and sciences, giving special emphasis to the Christian faith and the ethics revealed in the Holy Scriptures; prepare young people academically and spiritually to impact their society; unqualifiedly affirming and teaching the divine inspiration of the entire Bible; the creation of man by the direct act of God; the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savious Jesus Christ; His identification as the Son of God; His vicarious atonement for the sins of all people by the shedding of His blood on the cross; the resurrection of His body from the tomb; His power to save mankind from sin; the new birth through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God.
- Our Verse: "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11/!-- bullet end-->
- Our Affiliation / Colors / Mascot: Interdenominational / Navy, White, Gold / Knights/!-- bullet end--> Our Discriminatory Policy North Raleigh Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic oigin to all the rights, privilieges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
I've been part of the NRCA family since 1998 when my second child began kindergarten there. Three of our four children have graduated from NRCA and gone on to college; the fourth is a rising senior. After having students there for almost ten years, when our fourth began school, we re-arranged our lives to ensure they could all continue to enjoy the privilege of a great education in an environment that supported our role in teaching them about our faith. As a result, my husband left a successful career in the private sector to begin teaching at NRCA. The school prepared our children well for college academically and spiritually. Our two oldest children have gone on to earn Master's of Arts from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Sending your child to a private Christian school will often require financial sacrifices; for us, it required us to sacrifice both financially and in regards to career choices. But these sacrifices have been well worth it.
- Posted by Parent - NRCA Parent since 1998
My child has been a student at NRCA for four years now. I have been pleased every year to see how the teachers and the administration at every level truly care about the students. Teachers take time to encourage and support each student. My child is getting a quality, Christ centered education and is thriving at this school!
- Posted by Parent - Middle School Parent