St. Thomas More Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- A vibrant Catholic school in Raleigh, North Carolina, St. Thomas More Academy (STMA) provides an outstanding college preparatory education ordered to training leaders for the 21st century.Offering strong intellectual and personal formation in the Catholic tradition, STMA invites families who are seeking a truly excellent school.
- Our superb faculty provide students an opportunity to engage in their studies and quickly discover that they can exceed their own expectations.
- We develop the spiritual, academic, physical, and social person, the whole student, knowing that this is the course for effective leadership in society.
- Students who engage our rich curriculum and formation leave for college as confident, capable, and contributing young adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1251|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- Please visit the St. Thomas More Academy website for more information about admissions, open houses, and the Classical, College Prep curriculum.
Wonderful school! Dedicated faculty provide an excellent formation.
- Posted by Parent - Temple
Great school full of happy kids! They have 100% college placement into really strong colleges and a better faculty than most anywhere in Raleigh (except maybe Raleigh Charter)--and all this for a fraction of the cost that other area privates. Really comfortable school. I think it's a model for what a small prep day school should be.
- Posted by Parent - tegen
Excellent! Our son had an exceptional high school experience. Perhaps the finest school in the region. A high quality and caring faculty. He leaves there fully prepared to be successful in college.
- Posted by Parent - ryeag
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.