St. Thomas More Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- A vibrant Catholic school in Raleigh, North Carolina, St. Thomas More Academy (STMA) provides an outstanding college preparatory education ordered to training leaders for the 21st century. Offering strong intellectual and personal formation in the Catholic tradition, STMA invites families who are seeking a truly excellent school.
- Our superb faculty provide students an opportunity to engage in their studies and quickly discover that they can exceed their own expectations.
- We develop the spiritual, academic, physical, and social person, the whole student, knowing that this is the course for effective leadership in society.
- Students who engage our rich curriculum and formation leave for college as confident, capable, and contributing young adults.
St. Thomas More Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1251|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Soccer, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cross Fit,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate Team, Future Farmers of America, Robotics Club, Student Council, Writing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Please visit the St. Thomas More Academy website for more information about admissions, open houses, and the Classical, College Prep curriculum.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Grades: 9-12 | 1565 students
1401 Edwards Mill Rd
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919)834-1625 8.2 9-12
- Raleigh Grades: K-12 | 321 students
7600 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)844-6496 3.1 K-12
Wonderful school! Dedicated faculty provide an excellent formation.
- Posted by Parent - Temple
Great school full of happy kids! They have 100% college placement into really strong colleges and a better faculty than most anywhere in Raleigh (except maybe Raleigh Charter)--and all this for a fraction of the cost that other area privates. Really comfortable school. I think it's a model for what a small prep day school should be.
- Posted by Parent - tegen
Excellent! Our son had an exceptional high school experience. Perhaps the finest school in the region. A high quality and caring faculty. He leaves there fully prepared to be successful in college.
- Posted by Parent - ryeag
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.