The Oakwood School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (252) 931-0760
The Oakwood School Photo #2 - Discover what makes The Oakwood School remarkable, close to work and home in Greenville. Now accepting applications for PreK to 12. Visit WhyOakwood.org today!
The Oakwood School Photo #3 - Discover what makes The Oakwood School remarkable, close to work and home in Greenville. Now accepting applications for PreK to 12. Visit WhyOakwood.org today!
The Oakwood School Photo #4 - Discover what makes The Oakwood School remarkable, close to work and home in Greenville. Now accepting applications for PreK to 12. Visit WhyOakwood.org today!
The Oakwood School Photo #5 - Discover what makes The Oakwood School remarkable, close to work and home in Greenville. Now accepting applications for PreK to 12. Visit WhyOakwood.org today!
- Oakwood is an independent, non-sectarian, college-preparatory school for grades PreK-12 with dual accreditation from Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and AdvancED. We are the school of choice for families who value a 21st Century education. The Oakwood School seeks to instill in our students the strength of character, the creativity, and the wisdom to make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance available PreK to 12|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Robbins|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
- Discover more at WhyOakwood.org: The Oakwood School seeks to prepare its students to live productively in our 21st century global society. Our faculty provides authentic, inquiry-based learning experiences and facilitates engaging, interactive, student-centered learning. Twenty-first century learning skills form the foundation of the programs in all disciplines: critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration, agility and adaptability, effective oral and written communication, initiative and entrepreneurialism, assessing and analyzing information, and curiosity and imagination. Technology is integrated into the curriculum and the learning process. Students employ a comprehensive set of digital applications and tools to create, communicate, collaborate, and demonstrate their growing understanding of the world around them. Oakwood graduates students who are self-directed, lifelong learners, and responsible global citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: 4-12 | 15 students
1412 Holbert St
Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 752-4785 4.3 4-12
- Winterville Grades: PK-12 | 434 students
4889 Old Tar Road
Winterville, NC 28590
(252) 756-3002 7.9 PK-12
- Kinston Grades: PK-12 | 727 students
1901 Dobbs Farm Road
Kinston, NC 28504
(252) 522-4222 24 PK-12
Both my children attended Oakwood starting in the Lower School and have since graduated and went to their college/university of choice. As an alumni parent, I want to say that this was the best decision we made for our family sending them to Oakwood. They found their voice and had strong relationships with teachers that cared about them. They were challenged academically and learned responsible use of technology. They tried out new sports and participated in the many fine arts opportunities offered. They found friends from all walks of life and are still involved with the school's strong alumni network. Oakwood is consistently the #1 school in Pitt County and surrounding areas. It's been a game changer for our children's future. Now with the uncertainties of COVID-19, I would be even more inclined to send them to Oakwood, where I know they would thrive academically and continue growing their love of learning.
- Posted by Parent - Alicia
I have a child who graduated a few years ago and another in the Upper School. We have been at Oakwood since they were both in Kindergarten. This is the BEST investment we have made in our children's lives. These are the most caring teachers, administrators, and parents. If I could do it all over again, I would have them at Oakwood again.
- Posted by Parent - Elizabeth
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.