Lighted Way Association Inc
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 41 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Autism, OHI, TBI, DD, Multiple Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Extended School Year is included in the I.E.P., if appropriate, 20 days, tuition paid by home resident school district.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition is paid by the home resident school district per a daily rate set by the Illinois State Board of Education Purchase Care Review Board.
- Lighted Way Association, Inc. Children`s Developmental Center is a not-for-profit organization under 501(c)(3). The affairs of the corporation are governed by a Board of Directors composed of dedicated citizens who serve without compensation.The school`s staff includes the Executive Director, certified special education teachers, licensed and/or registered physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist, music therapists, paraprofessionals, administrative assistant.Lighted Way is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education. Operating expenses of Lighted Way are funded by tuition from public schools, United Way of Illinois Valley, contributions, memorials and bequests. Capital improvements and expenses are made possible by contributions, memorial gifts, bequests, and fundraising events by clubs and organizations. Donations may be tax deductible.It is the mission of Lighted Way to value each student as an individual capable of personal growth and development in reaching his/her highest potential cognitively, emotionally, physically, and socially. Lighted Way strives to improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Quality of life is improved by empowering students to make choices, thereby giving them some control over their environment. Lighted Way strives to integrate students into their community and to help students form social relationships. All students are treated with dignity and respect.
Profile last updated: 01/12/2021
Endorse Lighted Way Association Inc. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.