Little Flower Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Little Flower Catholic School is located in the loop area of Mobile, Alabama.
- The school provides a solid curriculum which is grounded in Catholic beliefs for its students and a family atmosphere prevades.
- Little Flower Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education for all children from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds of the families in the Mobile Metropolitan community.
- Dedicated faculty and staff respect and encourage each individual learner to reach his or her maximum potential spiritually by developing a strong faith and relationship with God, academically by continuing to be a life-long learner, physically by having healthy living habits, and emotionally by becoming a self-disciplined, well-rounded member of the “Loop” community who tries every day to “do little things with great love” as did Little Flower’s patron, Saint Therese of the Child Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Two tuition rates Tithing Catholic Non tithing/non catholic|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Brownies/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Scholars Bowl, Student Government Chess Club, Scholars Bowl, Brownies/Girl Scouts,|
National Junior Honor Society,
- Excellent pupil-teacher ratio
- Small family atmosphere
- Follows Alabama State Standards
- Quality teaching staff
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MobileGrades: PK-8 | 40 students
1060 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36604
- MobileGrades: PK-12 | 615 students
5900 Cottage Hill Road
Mobile, AL 36609
- MobileGrades: PK-12 | 741 students
3975 Japonica Lane
Mobile, AL 36693
- MobileGrades: PK-8 | 505 students
107 N Lafayette St
Mobile, AL 36604
- MobileGrades: K-8 | 535 students
6300 Mckenna Dr
Mobile, AL 36608
We started Little Flower in 6th grade. We have been very pleased. We were welcomed with open arms and felt right at home from the start. I have been very pleased with the teachers and how involved and truly concerned they are about the students well being. I have also been very impressed of the interaction Fr. Lyons has with the students down to being soccer coach. Ms. Brunk the principle is top notch in every way. We have loved our Little Flower family and I am a bit sad this is our last year at the school.
- Posted by Parent - mlill
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.