Little Flower Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Little Flower Catholic School is located in the loop area of Mobile, Alabama.
- The school provides a solid curriculum which is grounded in Catholic beliefs for its students and a family atmosphere prevades.
- Little Flower Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education for all children from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds of the families in the Mobile Metropolitan community. Dedicated faculty and staff respect and encourage each individual learner to reach his or her maximum potential spiritually by developing a strong faith and relationship with God, academically by continuing to be a life-long learner, physically by having healthy living habits, and emotionally by becoming a self-disciplined, well-rounded member of the “Loop” community who tries every day to “do little things with great love” as did Little Flower’s patron, Saint Therese of the Child Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Two tuition rates Tithing Catholic Non tithing/non catholic|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Brownies/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Scholars Bowl, Student Government
- Excellent pupil-teacher ratio
- Small family atmosphere
- Follows Alabama State Standards
- Quality teaching staff
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 582 students
6300 Mckenna Dr
Mobile, AL 36608
(251)342-5474 5.8 PK-8
- Mobile Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1501 Knollwood Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)661-1987 5.5 NS-8
We started Little Flower in 6th grade. We have been very pleased. We were welcomed with open arms and felt right at home from the start. I have been very pleased with the teachers and how involved and truly concerned they are about the students well being. I have also been very impressed of the interaction Fr. Lyons has with the students down to being soccer coach. Ms. Brunk the principle is top notch in every way. We have loved our Little Flower family and I am a bit sad this is our last year at the school.
- Posted by Parent - mlill
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.