Maria Montessori School
- The Maria Montessori School is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-discriminatory school that seeks to provide a unique scholastic curriculum for children from 16 months to 14 years old.
- Located at Harbor Town in Memphis, Tennessee, the Maria Montessori School is affiliated with, and certified by, the Association Montessori Internationale.
- The AMI was founded in 1929 by Dr. Maria Montessori and is the recognized international authority on Montessori education.
- The registered term "AMI Montessori" signifies the highest standards anywhere applied to Montessori and is evidence of a continuing commitment on the part of the school to study, explore and share this method of education as originally established by Dr. Montessori.
- To provide an environment that frees the child to develop his/her full academic, emotional and spiritual potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.