Maria Montessori School
- The Maria Montessori School is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-discriminatory school that seeks to provide a unique scholastic curriculum for children from 16 months to 14 years old.
- Located at Harbor Town in Memphis, Tennessee, the Maria Montessori School is affiliated with, and certified by, the Association Montessori Internationale.
- The AMI was founded in 1929 by Dr. Maria Montessori and is the recognized international authority on Montessori education.
- The registered term "AMI Montessori" signifies the highest standards anywhere applied to Montessori and is evidence of a continuing commitment on the part of the school to study, explore and share this method of education as originally established by Dr. Montessori.
- To provide an environment that frees the child to develop his/her full academic, emotional and spiritual potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?