Marklund Day School
The Marklund Day School is a non-public, state-certified school located in Bloomingdale, Illinois, that provides a highly specialized education experience for individuals ages 3-21 with medical, developmental and physical disabilities in our three Multi-Needs classrooms.
Our Life Skills Classroom provides specialized supports to high school students ages 14-21 identified on the Autism Spectrum.
Our program is designed to foster growth in all essential areas and is highly individualized.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 62 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our Multi-Needs program utilizes a variety of therapies and equipment in a classroom environment conductive to learning. We offer a highly sensory-driven program featuring physical and occupational therapy, speech & language therapy, music therapy, Snoezelen therapy, computer assistive devices, community involvement, recreational therapy, aromatherapy, aquatic therapy and more. Our Life Skills program provides opportunities for our students to participate in functional and meaningful activities within a highly structured environment, enabling students to maximize their potential and achieve personal success based upon the interests, strengths and needs of each student. Program staff are trained and skilled in the application of various teaching techniques (ABA, TEACCH, PECS, etc) utilizing a combined approach to ensure personalization. In addition to a specialized curriculum, students in Life Skills program benefit from the following services: Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, Physical therapy, Music therapy, Recreational therapy, Behavior therapy, Aquatic therapy, Snoezelen therapy/sensory room, and Job Training/Job Coaching.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Marklund Day School?
The application deadline for Marklund Day School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Marklund Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.