Mater Dei High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (812) 426-2258 Ext. 322
Mater Dei High School Photo #2 - We believe in the core values of our Catholic tradition, respect, learning, parent and community engagement, and stewardship. Just one of the ways our students show this is through the Riley Dance Marathon for kids. We're proud to say our students consistently rank in the gold level of donations raised each year!
Mater Dei High School Photo #3 - Mater Dei is even recognized globally! Our student teams conceive, design, and build fuel-efficient cars in an attempt to get the highest gas mileage. The MD Supermileage Team has a winning tradition in the national Shell Eco-Marathon. The competition includes universities and high schools around the country, Canada and Mexico. Since 2012 the team has won first each year and
Mater Dei High School Photo #4 - Mater Dei strives to educate the whole child by blending learning with faith and by making faith an integral part of the school day. This is accomplished through prayer as a fundamental component of each day along with a focus on service to others. We pride ourselves on being a place for all students, regardless of religious affiliation, to actively
Mater Dei High School Photo #5 - Mater Dei students are strongly encouraged to become well-rounded individuals by interacting with others in nearly 60 different sports, clubs, and other extra-curricular activities. We are proud to say our students have won 21 academic and athletic state championships! Mater Dei offers a unique student government model with MaterDei-ville which is recognized by Evansville's city government as an its own
- Mater Dei High School was constructed in 1949 on the west side of Evansville, Indiana as a Catholic, coed, high school to serve the needs of a growing community.
- Mater Dei is one of two Catholic high schools that serve the students of Vanderburgh, Posey, and Warrick counties.
- Mater Dei is a college prep school with approximately 95% of our students going on to college.
- Mater Dei offers a wide array of extracurricular programs including but not limited to athletics, theater, music, speech, super mileage team, academic bowl teams, and numerous other clubs and organizations.
- Mater Dei offers a well-rounded college prep curriculum emphasizing the natural sciences, career skills, technology, and competence in math and English.
Mater Dei High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||492 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1128|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, dress shoes, approved MD logo polo and/or fleece)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Jill Seiler|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Super Bowl Team, Euchre Club, German Club, Mater Dei Dance Marathon for Riley Hospital, Mater Dei Teen Power, National Honor Society, Peer Mediation, Pep Club, Robotics Club, Service Club, Spanish Club, Speech Team, Spell Bowl, Student Council, Student Publications, Supermileage Team, Teens for Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Art/Photography Club, Band, Concert Choir, Dance Cats, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, Bowling, Lacrosse, Trap Shooting, Ultimate Frisbee
- Mater Dei High School is committed to being a school of choice for all families.
- We strive to create an educational environment based on Gospel values, which recognizes the needs and differences in individuals and empowers students to meet the demands and challenges of a rapidly changing and morally complex world.
- Mater Dei is built on the cornerstones of spiritual growth, academic excellence, service to others, and social development.
Profile last updated:
My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice to send out two children to Mater Dei. Our son graduated in 2018 and is now attending IU at the Kelley School of Business. We feel Mater Dei not only helped him excel in high school but also deepened his faith and has propelled him to succeed in his adult life. We could not be happier with our students' education and the lifelong friends we both have met through the school.
- Posted by Parent - Jill
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?